BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Database Errors

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mike Witt on #43943

Any advice on debugging the error below?
    WordPress 5.9.2, BuddyPress 10.1.0, bbPress 2.6.9
    (I haven’t upgraded to 10.2.0 yet, but I don’t see any fixes that seems to apply to this.)
    It happens “once in a while” since upgrading to 10.1.0. (Four times since March 9th.)
    It *might* be related to email notifications (mentions?) in a bbPress closed topic.

[09-Mar-2022 17:13:53 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND user_id = 1348 AND component_name = 'messages' AND component_action = 'new' at line 1 for query UPDATE wp_bp_notifications SET is_new = 0 WHERE item_id IN () AND user_id = 1348 AND component_name = 'messages' AND component_action = 'new_message'
            <br>made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/generatepress/page.php'), generate_do_template_part, get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require('/themes/generatepress/content-page.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_replace_the_content, apply_filters('bp_replace_the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, BP_Members_Theme_Compat->single_dummy_content, bp_buffer_template_part, bp_get_template_part, bp_locate_template, load_template, require('/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/single/home.php'), bp_get_template_part, bp_locate_template, load_template, require('/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/single/messages.php'), bp_get_template_part, bp_locate_template, load_template, require('/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/single/messages/single.php'), bp_thread_the_message, BP_Messages_Thread_Template->the_message, do_action('thread_loop_start'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_messages_screen_conversation_mark_notifications, bp_notifications_mark_notifications_by_item_ids, BP_Notifications_Notification::update_id_list
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43945

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.
    I was not able to find any specific reason for this.

Pleas create a track ticket here
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/

and share more details like your php/WordPress version etc.

The core team might be able to pinpoint it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Witt on #43947

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for looking at this. I don’t feel like it’s a good idea for me to report a bug on this. At least not yet. For all I know it could be a plugin conflict or some conflict with custom code of mine. I want to gather more info first. I also have a post on the BuddyPress forum waiting for input.

We’ll see what happens, but thanks again.

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43948

Hi Mike,
    You are welcome.

Please do keep me updated if you find more specific details/reasons.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Witt on #44301

Just an update – I finally did open a ticket:

https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8676

I’m kind of a novice at this. If anyone knows how to improve it or knows any more information, please feel free to add it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44332

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for updating here. I see that Mathew is looking after it, so you are in good hand there.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved