BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Disable Moderation of INTERNAL links in BP updates/replies

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #25331

Hi Brajesh/Ravi,

Am struggling with an issue and as usual you are my “go-to” guys for anything Buddypress!

I have set in WP Settings>Discussion,

“Hold a comment in the queue if it contains 1 or more links” – ie. i do not want to allow posting of any EXTERNAL links in post comments and updates on my site.

However, i DO want to allow INTERNAL links in post comments/ BP updates/ BP replies (without holding/ approval)

I found a fantastic snippet which does the job perfectly for comments on WP posts & post types here:

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/257916/exclude-internal-links-from-comment-moderation

However, BP is still blocking internal links posting – any suggestions on plugins/ snippets to allow internal links but not external links, please?

thanks very much in anticipation, Vivek

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #25386

Hello Vivek,

Thank you for postin. BuddyPress has a filter ‘bp_bypass_check_for_moderation’ validate your code with this filter. let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #25822

Thanks very much, Ravi- using that filter worked! Appreciate your help as always.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Disable Moderation of INTERNAL links in BP updates/replies’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved