BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Fantastic plugin ut I get an error… andy chance of assistance?

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jan Anderson on #586

Hello,
    New to this community.

I tried installing Mediapress just now and could not get it to work.
    I get this error
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mpp_group_is_gallery_enabled() in /www/webvol5/n1/z5j2q87543ljmy0/(mysite.com-ish)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mediapress-master/core/activity/mpp-activity-template.php on line 21

I have had rtmedia installed but it erased it.
    Would be fab to try this out. Any idea what could be doing this?

thanx
    j

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #587

Hi Jan,
    Thank you for trying MediaPress and my apologies for the inconvenience.
    It seems you have groups disabled at the moment. The current code is mistakenly checking for the function(It should not have).

For the time being, can you please edit that file and replace the line with this

this line( no. 21 )

if( function_exists( 'bp_is_group' ) && bp_is_group() && ( ! mpp_is_active_component( 'groups' ) || ! mpp_group_is_gallery_enabled() ) )
            return;

to

//if we are on group page and either the group component is not enabled or gallery is not enabled for current group, do not show the icons
        if( function_exists( 'bp_is_group' ) && bp_is_group() && ( ! mpp_is_active_component( 'groups' ) || ! ( function_exists( 'mpp_group_is_gallery_enabled') && mpp_group_is_gallery_enabled() ) ) )
            return;

I should have pushed the changes as it is minor but my working copy is around 90 commits above the current MediaPress trunk on github, so I need you to do it. Other solution is enable groups for now.

I will be pushing a change in 1-2 days that fixes it(Already on my working copy) and adds a lot of other new features.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: Updating code
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: My bad kept copying the same code
  • Participant
    Jan Anderson on #591

You’re a star Brajesh, that worked a treat.

Another error, either in your code or in my brain…;)
    I seem to only be able to create galleries in users.
    When I try to create a gallery for groups.
    The setting flips back to users and the gallery is created at the user level.
    Have you seen this too?

Very promising still…
    thanx for your patience
    Jan

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Jan Anderson.
  • Participant
    Jan Anderson on #593

also: Is this plugin compatible with or even dependent upon Activity+ by wpmu dev and Group documents.
    I was under the impression it aims to replace both. Right?
    thanx for any clarification…
    Jan

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #594

Wait, it started working now I think…
    Might be an issue with my hidden admin code. Let me get back to you!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Jan Anderson.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #596

Hi Jan,
    This plugin has no external dependencies and you are right that it replaces them.

About group upload, please make sure that groups is enabled from MediaPress->settings page. Also, please do check that the group has gallery enabled. It can be enabled/disabled for individual groups from group settings page.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #597

Checked all settings. The one thing I am not sure I see is the gallery setting from the group settings page.
    This might be silly misunderstanding, but you are talking about the standard group page here? Right?
    Sorry if Iam missing something obvious.

Galleries are created perfectly for individual users so that might be it…

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #598

It can’t be that code you gav me, hiding the feature for groups?
    Late here, getting tired. Let me know if you have any hints…thanx again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #602

Hi Jan,
    sorry, That was late here too.

Can you please visit a group( front end of site) and see if you see Gallery tab on that group? If not, go to that group->Admin->Settings page and enable the Gallery. Try creating a gallery/uploading there and see if it is behaving correctly or not?

I believe, you are trying to upload from sitewide activity page and selecting a group. In that case, media is being added to user wall gallery instead? Is that correct?

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #603

Thanx Brajesh!

Yes, sleep is a good thing 😉

Groups are enabled in Mediapress plugin settings

My problem is that nothing appears in the front end groups.
    If I try to create gallery from backend it does not take, and Gallery Info flips back to
    “Choose component” and “Choose gallery status” after saving a gallery from backend.

My theme is twenty-fourteen if that plays into it.
    Does this help?
    best
    Jan

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Fantastic plugin ut I get an error… andy chance of assistance?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved