No need for apologies, appreciate your time when you have it though;)
I need this ATM for two sites, where exactly the same setup is needed.
The tag functionality in the plugin is enough. We just need an override setting so that the tagging is _all_ that is needed for the posts to appear in the stream. For all existing posts as well as new ones added.
One site has around 60 groups which are simply classes in a school.
Teachers and others write on blogs and we want posts to appear in the activitystream for each group based on a tag
that is simply the name of the class. Some bloggers write on the site, other posts are imported from other edu-blogs.
The feature we want would probably be based on one global setting and then simply use the standard plugin
functionality of bcfg.
1. Global Setting: Posts appear automatically in activitystream based on selected tag(s) .
2. Then use the existing tag functionality in the plugin.
Am I making sense?
Thanx as always
- This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Jan Anderson.
Dear Keymaster Yogi,
Any chance of some form of comment or guidance?
I have experimented a little but it is beyond my skillset I’m afraid.
What we want is simply a way to make certain posts with certain tags visible in certain groups activity streams.
Without having to use any other setting or method when posting.
Is this at all possible?
all the best
Any chance of a way or workaround to make all posts visible in a group stream?
We would settle for a hack if this is something you don’t want in the standard settings.
We would need only two things:
1. A way to make a post visible in groups activity stream based on tag.
Some posts are imported from other blogs so it can’t only be a manual post option for us.
2. If 1 above does not alter older posts, we would really love a way to update all posts on our board to appear in various groups
based on a gain, tags.
I would think this is something many other users would find useful…
thanx as always for listening!
- This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Jan Anderson. Reason: just some spelling
Hi Brajesh, sorry for late reply.
No I am not using any custom code or custom template for Blog categories for groups.
Also, I have perhaps been unclear in that the digit is only visible when clicking from the blog tab in the groupview.
So on the short excertpview from in there. Does that help?
Had another thought.
Perhaps the admin setting can have a simple option that if a post is tagged in certain ways, then the epost will be set to appear in a group activity stream?
Either a simple [if tagged with say, “stream” it will appear in the stream] or a bunch of tags that can be ticked and enables them to appear in a certain group. Am I making sense yet?
- This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Jan Anderson.
2. Sorry to be unclear. I mean the notification for the blogpost that appears in the group activity stream.
The one it is all about for us 😉
3. I understand. oir my purposes it is what I want. Can you perhaps think of a way to add an option for this?
It is what we need anyway.
Perhaps you could give me an sql command to alter all old posts?
… and then have the new posts as default. Many of the posts are created/imported with tags from another plog, and I want
all of them to appear in the corresponding group activity.
Am I making sense?
Up and running! Fab!
Just two, in my view important things:
I think we will need a setting ( I will definitely for my purposes):
1. Notification is default.
2. A way to update all old posts so that they add a notification in the stream for each post.
A checkbox in the settings along th lines of “apply setting to all existing posts” would probably do it.
Also, a minor bug has crept in.
A leading zero is added to the postcontent in the blog overview http://www.example.com/groups/example-group/blog/
If the text content starts with, say “Hello all” the text in the group overview will have a leading zero before it so the text will read
Keep up the good work!