BuddyDev

Search

Could blog-categories-for-groups post to a groups activity stream?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jan Anderson on #3076

Had another thought.
    Perhaps the admin setting can have a simple option that if a post is tagged in certain ways, then the epost will be set to appear in a group activity stream?
    Either a simple [if tagged with say, “stream” it will appear in the stream] or a bunch of tags that can be ticked and enables them to appear in a certain group. Am I making sense yet?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Jan Anderson.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3098

Hi Jan,
    About Activity posting:- It is completely dependent on the Site Tracking settings in BuddyPress. If you have it enabled, the activity will be tracked otherwise it won’t be tracked.

I see the zero in the screenshot but can not produce it on my install. will be looking further and get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3111

Hi Jan,
    I and Ravi both tested the plugin again.
    We are not able to see the “0” . Are you using some custom code or custom template for Blog categories for groups?

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #3169

Hi Brajesh, sorry for late reply.
    No I am not using any custom code or custom template for Blog categories for groups.
    Also, I have perhaps been unclear in that the digit is only visible when clicking from the blog tab in the groupview.
    So on the short excertpview from in there. Does that help?

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #3170

Brajesh,

Any chance of a way or workaround to make all posts visible in a group stream?

We would settle for a hack if this is something you don’t want in the standard settings.

We would need only two things:

1. A way to make a post visible in groups activity stream based on tag.
    Some posts are imported from other blogs so it can’t only be a manual post option for us.

2. If 1 above does not alter older posts, we would really love a way to update all posts on our board to appear in various groups
    based on a gain, tags.

I would think this is something many other users would find useful…

Ah well.
    thanx as always for listening!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jan Anderson. Reason: just some spelling
  • Participant
    Jan Anderson on #3342

Dear Keymaster Yogi,

Any chance of some form of comment or guidance?

I have experimented a little but it is beyond my skillset I’m afraid.

What we want is simply a way to make certain posts with certain tags visible in certain groups activity streams.
    Without having to use any other setting or method when posting.

Is this at all possible?

all the best
    Jan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3364

Hi Jan,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

1. It is not doable but will be pure hack and I personally don’t feel comfortable due to future updates or lack of flexibility.

Please let me know how many groups you have and will you be applying it to all groups or selected few? Will it be based on single term or multiple terms?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #3366

No need for apologies, appreciate your time when you have it though;)

I need this ATM for two sites, where exactly the same setup is needed.
    The tag functionality in the plugin is enough. We just need an override setting so that the tagging is _all_ that is needed for the posts to appear in the stream. For all existing posts as well as new ones added.

Example:
    One site has around 60 groups which are simply classes in a school.
    Teachers and others write on blogs and we want posts to appear in the activitystream for each group based on a tag
    that is simply the name of the class. Some bloggers write on the site, other posts are imported from other edu-blogs.

The feature we want would probably be based on one global setting and then simply use the standard plugin
    functionality of bcfg.

1. Global Setting: Posts appear automatically in activitystream based on selected tag(s) .

2. Then use the existing tag functionality in the plugin.

Am I making sense?
    Thanx as always
    Jan

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #3525

Dear Brajesh,

Have a meeting with the school I am helping with their site next week.
    So I guess I am just curious if there is any chance I will be able to get this functionality going, when asked.
    thanx as always for any wisdom you can share !

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3532

Hi Jan,
    I am sorry about this.
    There are two issues:-
    1. I do not understand the requirement using tags. Are these tags, post tags?

2. The posting to activity for simple posts are governed by the Blog Tracking settings. We can not do much there. It is either all or none. You can see it in your BuddyPress Settings-> Components screen.

I am sorry about that but I may not be able to help much here. It is either all enabled or none.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved