BuddyDev

Search

Could blog-categories-for-groups post to a groups activity stream?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1734

Hi Jan,
    I am sorry to keep you waiting. I have this plugin working but it needs a little more refraction. Please give me 1-2 more days. I got stuck with a theme, so could not spend much time on it. Will finish and push the changes.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jan Anderson on #1735

No worries Brajesh,

Just very curious. I can wait.
    best
    Jan

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Jan Anderson. Reason: damn you auto correct
  • Participant
    Jan Anderson on #1750

Dear Brajesh,

Any chance of posting what you have? If it works at all that is 😉
    It would be very useful to show a demo of it at a board meeting tomorrow, as it is feature-freeze time
    and I would like to try and squeeze this in there;)

thanx
    Jan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1751

Hi Jan,
    I have pushed the current code base. It is newly updated code but on the surface won’t look much different from the old. I have to add admin settings and all.

It is compatible with the old plugin, you won’t need to change anything (except we have dropped the templates and now it is only using template compatibility ).

It will work for now(please use from github) .

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #1752

Sounds good!
    Will it post to group activity stream yet?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1753

Hi Jan,
    No, It won’t do that.

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #1755

Ok thanx.

That’s the killer feature that we are hoping for…;)

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #1827

Hi Brajesh,

Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the code from github and as you said it works and looks exactly
    like the old code. It works.
    The code looks a little different from the other blogposts on the site from a stylesheet perspective.
    We are using twenty fourteen child and would like the blogposts to appear pretty much the same in this place
    as in the other blogposts pages. Any hints on how to prep for that would be great.

Ah well. I really look forward to testing this when you get a chance to add and update the other stuff.

best
    Jan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1828

Hi Jan,
    Thank you for testing.

The blog posts are tricky to make compatible with all theme. It need some modification at your end.

Please copy the blog-categories-frou-groups/template/bcg to your theme

Now, in your theme, you can modify the posts.php as you want.

This is the code block that you will need to change

<div class="post" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
            <div class="author-box">
                <?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta( 'user_email' ), '50' ); ?>
                <p><?php printf( __( 'by %s', 'bcg' ), bp_core_get_userlink( $post->post_author ) ) ?></p>
            </div>
            <div class="post-content">
                <h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e( 'Permanent Link to', 'bcg' ) ?> <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

<p class="date"><?php the_time() ?> <em><?php _e( 'in', 'bcg' ) ?> <?php the_category(', ') ?> <?php printf( __( 'by %s', 'bcg' ), bp_core_get_userlink( $post->post_author ) ) ?></em></p>

<div class="entry">
                    <?php the_excerpt( ); ?>
                </div>

<p class="postmetadata"><span class="tags"><?php the_tags( __( 'Tags: ', 'bcg' ), ', ', '<br />'); ?></span> <span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link( __( 'No Comments &#187;', 'bcg' ), __( '1 Comment &#187;', 'bcg' ), __( '% Comments &#187;', 'bcg' ) ); ?></span></p>
            </div>
        </div>

to match to your post entry.

Hope that helps.

The updates are delayed due to my upcoming theme, I just need a few days to finish the theme and then will continue pushing forward the enhancements.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #1832

Thanx Brajesh!

Will try that.
    Look forward to when you have a chance to update for group activities!
    best
    Jan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved