I am sorry, I am unable to undrstand it on your site.
The only reason plugin may not be listing is the share activity is not appearing as a distinct activity(other than increasing the count).
Please help me understand and I will assist,
Hi Brajesh, thanks for taking a look at the issue.
I am not very sure myself how the reshare plugin is expected to behave, but since you had once mentioned that you know that plugin, I thought of asking you.
When a share is done, I am not seeing a new activity being created, which i suppose it should do
There is a setting for the reshare plugin in Settings>Buddypress which has Activity ordering date by reshare date or by original activity date. I have tried both settings but am not seeing a new activity.
Hi, Brajesh- thanks for offering to look into Reshare .
My earlier observation that a reshared activity in a group is not appearing in ALL- Activity of FBLIKE is modified now as I made furhter observations.
1. While the FBLIKE ALL ACTIVITY is not showing the acitivies which a user has shared, these are appearing in “MY RESHARES” tab in the sitewide activity directory (domain.com/activity) – which i had not seen earlier, as i have been only looking at the profile activity tab. Now i want users to see only one activity page, so would like to get “MY SHARES” tab from activity directory into the profile activity page
2. The behaviour of PROFILE ACTIVTIY/ RESHARED ACTIVITIES and SITEWIDE ACTIVITES/ MY RESHARES tabs is strange, depending on the selection of the Reshare “Activity ordering preferences” in the BP settings:
a. Set to reshare date: RESHARED ACTIVITIES GOES BLANK, MY SHARES is ordered based on origianl activiry date
b. Set to recorded default date: RESHARED ACTIVITY shows ALL activities of the user, MY RESHARES is ordered based on original activity date
3. The BP reshare also allows shairng of Post types – You had made a plugin at my request last month for activity share. I realised recently that BP reshare is also adding a reshare button at the activity which allows sharing on the users activity stream.
thanks very much for your help!
1. It is not a bug of FB Like Share. The Reshare plugin is broken currently. Try that without the FB Like. The reshare shows shared on sitewide activity stream(with a new tab) but the profile and other places are not working(I am using the 7th June update of reshare plugin).
2. It is a bug in reshare.
3. I did not test it. I will suggest avoiding the reshare plugin in its current state(Hopefully a future update will fix it), so you may keep using the other plugin for now.
Really appreciate your taking the time to understand my issues with BP-reshare and to review the plugins functioning.
I shall just spend some more time to see if i can use some parts of it, as there is no alternative i can use.
Would be nice if Buddydev also came up with a Share plugin – there seem to be a few people asking for it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.