BuddyDev

Search

FB like activity list + BP Reshare plugin

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #23656

Hi, I am using the FB like activity plugin along with the BP Reshare plugin – but when i share an activity in a Group, the shared activity is not appearing in the all activity stream.

Any suggestion on how to fix this would be very useful.

thanks,
    Vivek

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #23657
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23658

Hi Vivek,
    Please allow us to check it tomorrow and get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #23668

Sur. Thanks Brajesh!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23680

Hi Vivek,
    I am sorry, I am unable to undrstand it on your site.

The only reason plugin may not be listing is the share activity is not appearing as a distinct activity(other than increasing the count).

Please help me understand and I will assist,

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #23683

Hi Brajesh, thanks for taking a look at the issue.

I am not very sure myself how the reshare plugin is expected to behave, but since you had once mentioned that you know that plugin, I thought of asking you.

When a share is done, I am not seeing a new activity being created, which i suppose it should do

There is a setting for the reshare plugin in Settings>Buddypress which has Activity ordering date by reshare date or by original activity date. I have tried both settings but am not seeing a new activity.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
    Vivek

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #23781

Hi, Brajesh- thanks for offering to look into Reshare .

My earlier observation that a reshared activity in a group is not appearing in ALL- Activity of FBLIKE is modified now as I made furhter observations.

1. While the FBLIKE ALL ACTIVITY is not showing the acitivies which a user has shared, these are appearing in “MY RESHARES” tab in the sitewide activity directory (domain.com/activity) – which i had not seen earlier, as i have been only looking at the profile activity tab. Now i want users to see only one activity page, so would like to get “MY SHARES” tab from activity directory into the profile activity page

2. The behaviour of PROFILE ACTIVTIY/ RESHARED ACTIVITIES and SITEWIDE ACTIVITES/ MY RESHARES tabs is strange, depending on the selection of the Reshare “Activity ordering preferences” in the BP settings:
    a. Set to reshare date: RESHARED ACTIVITIES GOES BLANK, MY SHARES is ordered based on origianl activiry date
    b. Set to recorded default date: RESHARED ACTIVITY shows ALL activities of the user, MY RESHARES is ordered based on original activity date

3. The BP reshare also allows shairng of Post types – You had made a plugin at my request last month for activity share. I realised recently that BP reshare is also adding a reshare button at the activity which allows sharing on the users activity stream.

thanks very much for your help!

Vivek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23939

Hi Vivek,

1. It is not a bug of FB Like Share. The Reshare plugin is broken currently. Try that without the FB Like. The reshare shows shared on sitewide activity stream(with a new tab) but the profile and other places are not working(I am using the 7th June update of reshare plugin).

2. It is a bug in reshare.

3. I did not test it. I will suggest avoiding the reshare plugin in its current state(Hopefully a future update will fix it), so you may keep using the other plugin for now.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #23949

Really appreciate your taking the time to understand my issues with BP-reshare and to review the plugins functioning.

I shall just spend some more time to see if i can use some parts of it, as there is no alternative i can use.

Would be nice if Buddydev also came up with a Share plugin – there seem to be a few people asking for it.

thanks again,
    Vivek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23989

Hi Vivek,
    Thank you.

We are thinking about it. May be in near future, we will have something for it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved