This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24348
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #24353

Hi Brajesh, hugely appreciate your help with this thread, and thanks for setting up the demo site for FB Like activity stream, to demonstrate that indeed comments are shown in the stream.

As you had suggested to investigate potential conflicts, I had already run thru deactivating plugins but to no avail.

And a short while ago, I found the cause – as this is my dev site I had disabled search engines in the WP Reading settings, and apparently that has an impact on comments in the activity stream (strangely !!!!) : https://buddypress.org/support/topic/blog-comments-not-appearing-in-activity-stream/#post-186091

Enabled search engines and this issue seems to be sorted out! (I don’t know why turning off FBLAS would make comments visible even with search engines disabled, but you may want to check that)

thanks very much again.

Vivek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24366

Thank you Vivek.

I am glad you resolved it. It seems strange but from the topic you linked, It might have something to do with activity stream query.

I will certainly check in future. For now, Marking it as resolved as the search indexing option is innocuous.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved