BuddyDev

Search

Font Awesome Icons in Main Navigation

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jessica Martin on #21650

Hello,

I am using ‘Font Awesome 4 Menus’ plugin which allows you to easily assign icons to the menu using a class in the menu structure. I have used this plugin for many years with our existing theme and it works well, but am building a new site with Community Builder. It seems that it works well with Community Builder except for submenus. You can see here https://staging-igotmyrefund.kinsta.cloud/ The icon does not appear for the one menu item that has a submenu. It appears briefly when the page loads and then disappears. Is their a css fix you can recommend for fixing this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21657

Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for using the theme.
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please allow me to push an update tomorrow to fix it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21659

Thank you. I also have found that it isn’t appearing correctly on mobile devices.

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21660

Actually, it seems to be a problem with the Left Panel menu. I have a menu assigned to both the Main Navigation and Left Panel Menu (Visible on small screen) display locations. It isn’t appearing correctly on the Left Panel Menu. But I expected that it would only appear on small screen, and it still appears on large.

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21731

@Brajesh Singh Do I need a membership to access theme updates?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21848

Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. I am sorry I haven’t been able to release an update due to office move. Will do it tomorrow.

2. I just checked your account. No, you don’t need membership. You already have 1 yer support and upgrades included with the theme.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21874

Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for the patience.
    I have release 1.1.6 now and it adds an option in the Advance setitngs to disable the dropdown icon. Please visit Appearance->Customize->Advance Settings and check the option to disable it.

After that, the icons will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21897

Great!

I made the following css change so that the sub-menu doesn’t overlap the main menu for the header layout that I am using.

#nav ul li ul {
    top: auto;
    }

It is better, but because of #header-top-row padding, it still had a slight overlap.

So I made the following css change:

#header-top-row {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

I don’t know if this is the best way to handle overlap and I am pretty sure it won’t work with other header layout options.

You can see how it renders: http://tinyurl.com/yyr4tp6l

Can you check how it appears on small screens? It flips the icon on it’s side.

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21901

(Flips icon when you expand submenu on small screen)

• Participant
    Jessica Martin on #21906

Forgot to note, this is when I have the menu appearing in the left panel. It’s looking more and more like this is a Plugin Compatibility issue. I understand if this is outside the scope of support. Any suggestions you have to fix in left panel menu would be great!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved