BuddyDev

Search

Force new members to sign up for a WooCommerce product after registration

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #24822

Hi Brajesh, I would like to force new members of BuddyPress to sign up for a WooCommerce product/membership on the first login, after registration, eg. by directing them to the product page, with no option of entering any pages and BuddyPress content, before they have selected a product or membership plan, and their credit card is registred. This is for safety reasons.

After this first login and registration all pages and content should be free to access.

Can I achieve this with Member Types Pro?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #24823

Hi Brajesh, I came up with a possible solution myself which leads to a new question regarding the buddydev_custom_get_role_based_message_limit( $role )code.

0 means no limit, but what should I put into 'limit' => for restricting sending messages in general for participants?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24828

Please use a negative value like -1 to stop it completely.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #24835

Hi Brajesh, what happens if a user role like participant is not represented in the code, what rule works for that role then?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24838

The default settings are applied for everyone whose role you do not specify in the custom code. The default settings is the one you configure on Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Options page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #24841

Thanks for your reply

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24846

You are welcome.

• Participant
    calu on #24847

Strange though, I have a member assigned as Participant, who are not able to send messages, even with these settings:

How many messages a user can send? 50
    During the time? 10 Minutes

The Private message Button option is hided, when the option is activated, but there are no notification about the limit has reached.

And there are no limitation set for Participant in the code yet, it’s like the plugin is not responding correctly with this role?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24850

Hi Carsten,
    Since you are using custom code for role based limit, Please share them again. Also, let me know what is the default settings for the rate limiter(in admin).

PS:- Did you upgrade to our latest release?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #24853
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved