• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #24854
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24855

Please upgrade to 1.0.7.

1.0.6 had some issue which was resolved in 1.0.7. Hopefully, It should work as expected.

• Participant
    calu on #24859

Hi Brajesh, thank you for the update, it addressed the issues I was experiencing. T

he only issue left is the limit notification box, which is not showing when the limit has been reach, and you try to send a new message.

If you try to reply an existing message, the notification pops up as it should.

I have the new message subject auto filled and hidden, can this be the reason why I dont get the notification on send new message?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24884

Hi Cartsten,

Thank you for confirming.

I am sorry, I do not think there is any way to show it on the compose screen via ajax. The page reload should show the message though.

I will ask @ravisharma to check and get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #24886

Hi Brajesh, thanks for checking this out, this would be nice to have, especially if a custom link is added to the notification, this will definitely help increase the sale.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #24917

Hello calu,

I have checked and it is working for me message pope up showing on both compose screeen as well as reply form. Please check the screen shot

https://ibb.co/CV6HYSs

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    calu on #24921

Hi Brajesh
    I’m stil having problems with restricting messages completely for participant role.

You wrote: ‘Please use a negative value like -1 to stop it completely.’

I use this for participants, but that dosn’t stop them from sending messages?

'participant'    => array(
    			'duration' => 1440,
    			'limit'    => -1,
    		),

And using a negative value in the Rate Limit Private Message in the dashboard is not possible.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24926

Hi Carsten,
    I will look again into it on Monday and update you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #25158

Hi Brajesh, thanks, I appreciate that.

Just a thought, WordPress has six pre-defined roles: Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber. Participant is not one of these six, is this why the code does not work with participants?

Where is this user role created, if it is not a core WP role, and what cababilities does it have, not much readings about this?

Which default user role would you recommend to new users? in you are using WooCommerce Subscriptions, ‘Subscriber’ would be the obvious role after signing up a subscription.

But which role should I assign for new members at registration, to be the inactive subscriber role?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25180

Hi Carsten,
    It seems the participant is bbPress assigned role. It works a bit differently.

For now, Please use the “Subscriber” role. It is not inactive role but doe not have much permissions.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved