BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Group Tabs Creator Pro – Advanced custom fields

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35239

Hi John,
    Thank you for the reply and linking.

Please allow me to think a bit about it.

What if you are able to embed a page in the tab using the group tabs creator, will that helps? Also, It seems like most suited for the dynamic group tab content plugin(I believe ACF issue was there).

Please allow me to check it a bit and get back to you in next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35243

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks again for the quick response. Yes, it is all the same issue. If we can embed the page in the dynamic content that may work too.

I can’t believe how tricky it is to add custom posts or pages to group profiles in BuddyPress itself !

You are the most responsive plugin creator I have worked with in the WordPress community, if I can buy any more of your plugins to use or support you in anyway I will !!

Best regards

John

• Participant
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35294

Hi Brajesh,

Any thoughts on this. It would be easier I think if I can set-up unique tabs for each page that includes the group header and menu.

Best regards

John

• Participant
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35412

Hi Brajesh,

Have you had a chance to think about a solution to this over the past week?

Cheers,

John

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35428

Hi John,
    I will need one more day to check why the ACF fields are not working. I am not a frequent user of ACF. With the dynamic content addon, this should have worked.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35430

Hi Brajesh,

Sounds good. I have set-up ACF with Custom Post Types, so the dynamic content will need to reference a custom post type to make it work I think…

I could add the ACF fields to the dynamic content page, but it would not display correctly via The Content section.

Hope that makes sense.

Best regards

John

• Participant
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35501

Any thoughts?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35517

Hi John,
    I have looked at it.

There are 2 ways to add extra data(custom fields) to the post.
    1. Using shortcode
    2. Modifying the template

Normally, developer modify the template file to add the the_field(), get_the_field() etc functions for fetching/showing the custom field.

In our case, allowing to control the content of specific tab via template files does not seem user friendly to me. It is going to cause a lot of confusion. So, I edited the dynamic group content plugin shortcode and also added a shortcode for the ACF.

Here is a screenshot showing it in action

https://i.imgur.com/M44aGsQ.png

Will something like this resolve your issue? Please let me know and I will upload the modified code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John Prendergast-Walsh on #35545

Hi Brajesh,

Not sure if it will resolve the issue, but if you think it will work, please go ahead.

Basically I want to be able to display this page in the dynamic content.

https://legally-linked.com/law_firm_technology/addleshaw-goddard-technology/

By using the shortcodes will we be able to manage this?

Cheers,

John

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35555

Hi John,
    Thank you.

I do not think you will have the ability of using the grid etc with this change. I believe you are most probably using a custom page template for that? If that is the case, Please share the code via pastebin. That will allow me understand it better before pushing the plugin update.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved