- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 22, 2021 at 11:34 am #35719
So finally got the advanced custom fields working in the dynamic content section correctly, with the grid etc, by using shortcodes.
You can see the content code here: https://pastebin.com/sPTUXTPw
and an example result page here.
There was an issue as the ACF shortcodes are not set-up for displaying complex fields or arrays, and the support trying to fix a silly issue was not as good as yours, but we got around the issue by a CSS fix.
Thanks again for all your support so far.
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 19, 2021 at 10:45 am #35621
Hi again Brajesh,
It looks like we can get the ACF fields to work in the content section. It states in their docs that it only works for basic text fields, but it looks like we may be able to get it to work with a bit of tinkering for arrays.
I will upload the custom post page and content section to pastebin if we can get it working as desired.
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 18, 2021 at 10:52 pm #35616
Thats a shame. I have tried one other option, where I have a content field where I can add code into the custom page. One just copying and pasting the menu code from the group
The other trying to copy a bit more in, but images don’t work very well.
It’s not ideal. Can you think of a way to add group page code into the custom post type file as on pastebin, or copy into each individual post as I have?
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 18, 2021 at 11:33 am #35569
Yep I found it from the previous messages, I was just saying thank you !!
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 18, 2021 at 10:03 am #35567
Thank you Brajesh, I didn’t know where to find my key. All active 🙂 !
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 18, 2021 at 9:58 am #35566
It is a custom post type, thats what I said at the beginning and why I thought bypassing the content section and being able to point directly to the page may work better.
You can see the code for the page here. https://pastebin.com/3xVpVdKj
I hope this helps
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 17, 2021 at 2:55 pm #35550
I downloaded and updated the plugin to use the tabs. The auto update didn’t work and I cant access the dashboard. But all good, trying it now with the group type function.
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 16, 2021 at 11:23 am #35546
Can you email the username and access key to use please?
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 16, 2021 at 11:14 am #35545
Not sure if it will resolve the issue, but if you think it will work, please go ahead.
Basically I want to be able to display this page in the dynamic content.
By using the shortcodes will we be able to manage this?
- John Prendergast-Walsh on January 14, 2021 at 3:05 pm #35501