- shelley parker on February 13, 2018 at 8:02 pm #13392This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on February 13, 2018 at 8:10 pm #13393This reply has been marked as private.
- shelley parker on February 13, 2018 at 8:13 pm #13395
you know, you are right. I will need to rename all 3 of those to be consistent. yes please how to rename them all, which I guess you’re saying will only be 2 and 3.
- Brajesh Singh on February 13, 2018 at 8:34 pm #13396
1. For the first, Please visit Appearance->Menu and you will see the option to change the label there. You can also change it from Dashboard->pages screen
For 2,3 and others(there are many places).
If you are running BuddyPress 2.9.2 or below, please copy the buddypress.pot file from plugins/buddypress to your wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory
search for “Group” and trasnlate it.
Now you can translate the plugin and name the generated file as “buddypress-en_US.mo” there.
If you are on BuddyPress 2.9.3, the BuddyPress plugin does not have a valid pot file included with it.
You will need to generate it(Or let me know, I can generate one and link).
- shelley parker on February 14, 2018 at 5:02 pm #13399
I’m working through your solution, but have a quick question please. I can’t tell the difference between our items #2 and #3. They both look to me to be the same instance of the label “Group”, namely the menu you see when you hover over the user’s profile image. Where is the Group label for our item #3?
- shelley parker on February 14, 2018 at 5:13 pm #13400
I’m running BuddyPress 2.9.3, so if I don’t have a valid pot file, what is my next step please?
- Brajesh Singh on February 14, 2018 at 9:31 pm #13411
I will generate one and link to you in next reply.
- Brajesh Singh on February 14, 2018 at 10:14 pm #13412
1. Please download the po file from here
2. Open it in the poedit. Now, from View, please select order by Source as shown
It will list texts ordered by alphabet. Please scroll till you find groups.
3. For translating the Groups in nav, you will need to translate 2 strings there
Once you are done, please save and then move the generated mo file to your wp-content/languages/plugins directory. The generated mo file should be named buddypress-en_US.mo
Hope that helps.
- shelley parker on February 15, 2018 at 6:19 am #13417
my wp-content folder does not contain a folder called “languages”.
- Brajesh Singh on February 15, 2018 at 11:34 am #13420
If the directory is not there. Please create one. It seems you havne’t have anything translated yet, that’s why it is not there. It is not an error.
Please create languages/plugins directory and put the translation like explained in my previous post.
Hope that helps.
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Groups name change’ is closed to new replies.