BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Hide Suspended Users on site using BuddyPress Moderation Tools

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nifty on #40368

Hello,

We’re using the BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin.

Is it possible for a user who has been suspended by an admin, to be hidden from the site (e.g. not visible on the “All Members” page, profile page is hidden, etc.) until their account is restored?

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40375

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

The feature is not available currently. We will add it in our next release for admins to enable/disable it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nifty on #40380

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you, that sounds great! 🙂

• Participant
    Nifty on #40844

Hi Brajesh,

Just wondering if there’s any updates on this? 🙂

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41115

Hi Nifty,
    I am sorry for not replying earlier. We had festive holidays from 7th and was limited in the support ability.

I have pushed a new update with the support to excluded suspended users form listing.

Please upgrade and then visit Dashboard->Moderation->Settings-> Suspend and you will see the option to excluded suspended user from listing. It is Off by default. Please enable and let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nifty on #41184

No worries, Brajesh!

The new update works as expected, with suspended users being hidden from the member directory when the “Hide from directory and other user lists?” option is set to “Yes”. Thanks for adding this in. 🙂

When testing this, we also noticed that if a user is suspended, other users can reply to the suspended user in existing message threads. If they have the option turned on in their email settings, the suspended user will also get an email notifying them of the new message (although, if the “Block login of suspended user?” option is set to “Yes” they can’t login to reply).

Is it possible for users to not be able to reply in existing message threads to suspended users (which would also solve the issue of the suspended user getting an email)?

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41741

Hi Nifty,
    I am sorry for the delaye on implementing it.

It is available with 1.4.2

Please upgrade and follow the details as shared here.
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/suspended-users-can-be-messaged-from-existing-message-threads/#post-41740

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Hide Suspended Users on site using BuddyPress Moderation Tools’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved