BuddyDev

Search

How to add fields other than the "base" group to the registration form?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Cap Luis on #24006

I’m working on a website that is a mix of several things.

It is a business directory and marketplace. And your social core is the Buddypress.

I used Member Types PRO to create two groups! Consumers and Sellers!

I will use conditional logic to show specific fields for each!

I have created a group of fields for “sellers” (Tax Information) with data pertinent to your store. But this group does not enter the registration form! I could put it in the BASE group, but I would like to have a specific group for tax information not to mix everything up.

In this case, how should I do to put fields from a group that is not “base” in the registration form!

It’s possible? I’m a layman and I’m hoping for practical help.

^_^

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24009

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.
    1. It is possible to show multiple profile field groups on BuddyPress Registration.
    It will need a lot of change in theme(specially how the signup_profile_field_ids are managed).

Please do note that neither any theme or plugin(including member types pro) support conditional logic on registration for multiple profile field group.

They all assume the default config and will need modification.

There are 3 ways to handle the issue
    1. Modify template and the specific plugins to show all groups on registration page
    2. Or Put all fields on base profile field group and assign to specific member type(It will work with all plugins).
    3. Or just keep the basic fields on registration and use our free plugin BuddyPress Profile Completion to force users complete other fields.

Let me know which option you will be going for.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cap Luis on #24056

Can this plugin show which fields I want on the form?

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-ajax-registration/

Allows you to control which xprofile fields/groups are shown( programatically )

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24093

Hi,
    No, The plugin does not support multiple grous currently.

• Participant
    Cap Luis on #24867

Hello I found the Buddyforms plugin, it is very good but does not integrate very well with the dynamic fields.

The field just doesn’t work dynamically, would there be any way to work together to solve this?

I prefer to have a single buddypress tool solution, but unfortunately each team does some good things that the other team doesn’t.

You need a form management plugin! to create fully usable registration forms with their main addons.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not a support question