BuddyDev

Search

How to add repeating field into BuddyPress user profile

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bruno Verrier on #27096

Hello,
    I’ve been fighting with the BuddyPress user profile for several days.
    I created a tab (I use BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro) in which I want the user to be able to add or modify field values ​​of his profiles. (list of skills). For this first I thought of using BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types. But since there is no possibility of creating groups of repetitive fields, I turned to ACF Pro. So, I created a group of fields (let’s call it my_group) in which there are nested repetitive fields (like category, title, value, description…) I tested it in a post and it works as I want.
    But how do you make this group of fields appear in a BuddyPress profile tab?
    What are the possible solutions?
    I also thought of creating a CPT (like “Skills”) but it seems very heavy to implement and there may be simpler.
    Thank you
    Bruno

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #27097

Additional information.
    I also thought as a solution to insert a shortcode in the profile form but the possibility does not exist.

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #27098

Hello again,
    Sorry. Forget what I said before. After a night of sleep, it seems clear to me that what I want to do CPT for is the right way.
    So users can create and modify as much information as they want and I can also add taxonomies.
    So my question now is: how can I assign to the BuddyPress user profile all the CPTs he / she has written?
    Thank you again.
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27103

Hi Bruno,
    Thank you for the topic.

for your last question:- You will need a shortcode that accepts user id and lists all the posts from a specific post type.

I am not sure if there exists a plugin(there should be some) or not. Please check it on WordPress.org plugin search.

If you find one, I can assist you with how to replace the user id with displayed user id(we have replace option for strings).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #27107

Hello Brajesh,

What about this idea?
    I have already created a CPT (CPT-UI & ACF) with taxonomie and so on. Then I’ll intend to use BuddyBlog and BuddyPress Simple Front End editor. Finally I’ll put the submission form in a BuddyPress User Profile Tab.

That way is the post attached to the BP user ?

(Never mind if it’s not sync with WP profile as far as I can do some search to find the info from taxonomies and get the post author back)
    Thank You
    Bruno

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved