BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How To Make Activity Feed Public?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mike OConnor on #35712

I am trying to find some code or a plugin that can make my activity page public? Users can mark their content whatever they want, but I am hoping to make the activity page public.

My activity page is one of my most viewed pages, because it’s got backlinks and traffic coming to it. However, most of my visitors can’t see the page, so they bounce more than visitors to other pages.

I just can’t find the solution anywhere so any help would be appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35736

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.
    By default, all BuddyPress content are public.

How are you making the site’s activity page or other pages private? Are you using some plugin or code? Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike OConnor on #35757

I don’t think that I put in any plugins or added any code that would affect that.

The site would say something about not having files to display so I changed that to read “Sorry, you have to be a logged in user to see the full activity feed.”

I can see that activity on the homepage, which uses the shortcode, and you can see the activity in the groups without logging in. However, the activity page is set to private, unless you’re logged in, for some reason.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35763

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the details.

Please visit Dashboard->Pages and check the edit screen for the activity page. Is it published and visibility is set to public? Is there any other metabox etc controlling the visibility? That should give you the idea.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike OConnor on #35784

That was set to public. I’ll check through everything again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35789

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am not sure what might be causing it then. Please check for custom code in bp-custom.php as well as any access restriction plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike OConnor on #35794

Thank you, Brajesh! I hope you have an excellent day!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35839

Hi Mike,
    Thank you.

Have a great day to you too!

• Participant
    Mike OConnor on #39659

I still can’t figure this out. If someone isn’t logged in the activity feed says “Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.” Figuring this out would really be helpful. My bounce rate on this page is terrible and I think people seeing that is the reason.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39670

Hi Mike,
    Any chance you are using a plugin like BuddyPress Activity Filter or some code to filter activity stream?

If not, Please provide me access to the site dashboard and I can quickly check the reason.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How To Make Activity Feed Public?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved