BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    chris on #19032

Hi Brajesh,

Not sure if you recall, I was looking to create a page, that would be for specific buddypress groups…..The Menu items would be dynamic so we could in theory add the item to a navigation menu….

With that, I added the link page to group plugin added, the Group Tabs creator pro plugin and also used the Dynamic plugin referenced here.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/creating-dynamic-content-with-buddypress-group-tabs-creator/….

I received a 404 error when I tried accessing the main group page after doing this.

Should I remove the Link page to groups plugin? Seems like it would not be necessary

best
    chris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19033

Hi Chris,
    Please share the tab configuration. Also, Please share the configuration for the tab entry content.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    chris on #19037
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    chris on #19038
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19041
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19048

Hi Chris,
    Please upgrade to 1.0.2 from here
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/creating-dynamic-content-with-buddypress-group-tabs-creator/

The problem was hidden groups were not enabled in the auto suggestions.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    chris on #19078

Hi Brajesh,

I updated the dynamic plugin…

Under Tab Contents, I can now pull up groups
    Under Group Tabs, I am still unable to pull up groups.

I created a Tab called Record….I then created Tab Contents called Shared Your story…
    the tab shows up on my Demo Group (the one I associated it with Under Tab Contents) but nothing is there.

Sorry – I am having a hard time putting this together and have followed the directions to the best of my ability

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19080

Hi Chris,
    The Group Tabs creator needs an update too to allow you set the tab to only one group.

Please upgrade to 1.0.4

In your case, since you need record on all your groups, you don’t have to do it anyway.

The problem why content was not showing was because you did not add the entry shortcode to tab.

Please check the demo group now(It will take a moment before showing the button due to api call from the button provider site).

Please let me know if it works.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    chris on #19081

Hi Brajesh,

I do at some point and perhaps later want the ability to add a tab or content for only a particular group…Also, I would like for the Tab to not show up on the buddypress group menu….

Instead, I would like to be able to add the dynamic URL in our side menu, so that when a user logs in, he or she sees only their custom tab content…(but not on the tab) Does that make sense

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19085

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry, The plugin is intended to add tabs to the group. And I believe that functionality is working.

What you are trying to achieve is have an invisible tab with some content where tab is not visible.

My suggestion will be to use css to hide tab. Also, I don’t think that BuddyPress suports dynamic links for single groups. So, you most probably won’t be able to add it to the main nav.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved