BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] I don't know if it's a bug from this plugin.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #15401

so, for example, you create a profile search with buddypress profile search plugin, using some fields, that some of them only for a member type, some of them for other member type, using the shortcode of profile search on member directory , it works fine, but if you use the shortcode on member profile page sidebar, then you will see something missing. all the field selected by that profile search plugin, only some of them shown, to match the member type of display user.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15402

Hi tangpage

I am sorry but I am unable to understand.

1. Can you please tell me the plugin you are using? Is it about BuddyPress member Types Pro?

2. Can you please clarify the issue in a little more details.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #15410

It’s about : BP Profile Search & BuddyPress member Types Pro.

for example, I have 3 member types, a, b, c. and i have a profile field – #a, it’s for member types a and b.

now , i create a search with BP Profile Search, including profile field #a. i want to use this profile search site widely for all users, so i put the shortcode of the search on a side bar of member profile page, but if this member is member type c, then this profile field #a will disappear from the search form.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15420

Thank you for clarifying.

BuddyPress member Type field(s) are not compatible with the current version of BuddyPress Profile search.

We have an update lined up for it tomorrow that will add the compatibility.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #15423

Awesome, you are #1 buddypress developer!!!! ; )

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15437

Thank you for the kind words.

Please upgrade to 1.2.2

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/

The member type search is fully supported with the BP Profile Search plugin now. It will support 2 search modes(is/is one of i.e selectbox/checbox).

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] I don't know if it's a bug from this plugin.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved