BuddyDev

Search

Individual Images

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Milo on #324

I have been fooling around with MediaPress and for a Beta product it sure works smoothly. The only issue I have run into is individual images and when you post a comment about them. It seems that the replies are placed above the original activity (post) and appear to have nothing to do with the original activity item. For example if I click a pic then write “Nice Pic” beside it in the pop up box that comment is placed completely separate from the original post and ABOVE it. On a side note I am using Kleo with A LOT of CSS alterations so I am not sure if this is normal behaviour or I have caused it.
    I am sure looking forward to using this product over rtMedia. Another fine product from Brajesh… Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #328

Hi Milo,
    Welcome to the BuddyDev forum.

The activity listing is not handled by MediaPress but the BuddyPress activity. BuddyPress activity allows us to list comments below the parent activity or list as individual items.

A theme can decide which way they want to list it.

In the function bp_has_activities() you can use the parameter ‘display_comments’ with the value ‘threaded’ to make the comments listed below the activity item.

You can look into your theme and check the ‘activity/activity-loop.php’

and change

<?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ) ) ) : ?>

to

<?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ) .'&display_comments=threaded' ) ) : ?>

and that will make all comments list under activity.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Milo on #349

Hmm this still does not work. I took a few screenshots but I cant seem to upload images here.

Anyway if you add a pic and use the “Comment” button below the pic on the main page it puts the comment in the right place. If you click the pic and put the comment in the pop up box it puts the comment above and in a separate holder AWAY from the picture. I was thinking this was a MediaPress issue because it works in rtMedia and the Media Uploader from WPMU Dev.

I would be willing to pay you for support so we can solve this issue becuase I would really prefer to use MediaPress but I have to get this done right away because the site is about to launch.

• Participant
    Milo on #350

Sorry not sure if I should start a new topic but I have also noticed that when you set the privacy to something like… Private and Friends Only I can no longer click the images even though I am the Admin AND the person who uploaded the pic. I can only see the thumbnail for the pic in the activity stream but can do NOTHING with it.

Please note that I am using “BuddyPress Activity Privacy” as well.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #354

Hi Milo,
    Now I get the idea. You are referring to the top level comments made on the media from single media page right? They are infact individual items and not related(Only for the top level comments), any child comment on that will be threaded.

The best option I see here is when listing top level comment, we should include that media in the content of the activity. Will that approach be good?

By Privacy, you mean activity privacy and not the gallery privacy right?

• Participant
    Milo on #356

Hey Brajesh just check this url you will see what I mean:

http://relativeu.com/downloads/ms_4451.jpg

Thanks

• Participant
    Milo on #357

Also with the privacy settings I can only see the thumb of the pic but it is NOT clickable. A non Friend or a non logged in person can’t see it AT ALL so the actual privacy setting is working, but a “Friend” only see’s the thumb which DOES NOT lead to the larger pic.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #362

Hi Milo,
    Thank you for the reply and showing it with the image.

1. I agree that the current comment in the activity stream is not good, It needs to have context. I will commit this change in 24 hours to include the referenced media( think about facebook share with comment )

The current architecture makes each new top level comment independent, and this is by design. It helps us to resolve many issues.

The thing is all media upload action may not be available as activity. Also, we have to differentiate between gallery activity( say multiple uploads ) and single media activity.

We had given enough thought to create a top level activity and associate it with a media, then add each comment as it’s child. The problem is we need to create an extra activity( hopefully hidden that acts as the parent activity of an uploaded media if the media was not published to the activity stream). It causes other complications deletion and keeping log. We are using Media activity as log( you will see more of it when a few addons come ).

The best possible solution without sacrificing any performance is to list the comment as it is now but include the parent Media in the comment content

Something like:-

Xyz commented on abc's photo
    {image}

Any comment on this comment will behave normally( be listed as child comments under parent). The issue is only with top level comments. Do you think that will be good enough for your use?

About Privacy: Please open a new topic and make to to let me know if you are setting privacy in the activity privacy plugin or it is about MediaPress privacy.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Milo on #366

Yes I think the solution you wrote above would work fine.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #380

Hi Milo,
    Just wanted to notify that we got this in in the last commit

https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/60b7e4ed733affead91e648533feaf58d42f9613

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved