BuddyDev

Search

Individual Images

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Milo on #410

Hi Brajesh,
    Sorry maybe it was just a little glitch because I have tried 2 more times and it is all working good now 🙂 MediaPress is looking better and better every day thanks

• Participant
    Milo on #414

Also if you scroll down this sample page from Kleo you will see some thumbnails…

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/kleoadmin/

Can you see how those thumbs are in a rotator? When I was using rtmedia this functionality remained in tact for the thumbnails. I am not sure though if that is Kleo or rtMedia functionality.

• Participant
    Milo on #415

I also have a copy of Essential Grid if we could make that work somehow. I am a little hesitant to use this product though because it really slows your site down. It is a very bloated plugin with a million features that you would never likely use.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #416

Hi Milo,
    Since MediaPress lists images using MPP_Media_Query(A sub class of WP_Query), It gives us the flexibility to use any 3rd party slider or grid with it. I need some time before I start implementing a few examples with the slideshows,carousels etc.

You can look into the mediapress/templates/gallery/activity/loop-photo.php to see how easy it can be.

• Participant
    Milo on #418

ok cool. It looks pretty good now anyways so I will just wait and update as it evolves (I got a million other things to get caught up on now so I will do that).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #423

Thank you Milo 🙂
    I am going to have a lot of such options as addons soon. Please do let me know if you find issues with MediaPress. I am looking forward to making it even better 🙂

• Participant
    Milo on #450

Hi Brajesh,
    Ok will do. I think the main thing is everyone is just going to want Masony galleries like Facebook… likely whatever facebook has people are going to want it. 🙂

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #451

Hi Milo,
    Thank you for understanding.
    I prmoise to provide atleast 10 other views just need a few days(Justified grid/masonary/sliders/carousel etc are on my mind).

Currently, I am working to get the Sitewide gallery in( I have already got it working but it is not a finished product yet, hoping to push that by Tuesday). Also, I have got MediaPress to work as a Better WordPress gallery solution( Can be used as a replacement of NGG Gallery etc). I will have a benchmark and detailed report once we get there in next 3-4 days.

The biggest hurdle I am facing is template hierarchy/naming conventions for template to allow theme authors easily remember and theme it.

Hopefully, When I push this update next week, This should be the best Media Gallery solution for WordPress( & BuddyPress).

If you have suggestions on what you want in a WordPress/BuddyPress gallery, please feel free to share. I appreciate all these suggestions and help 🙂

• Participant
    Milo on #453

Hi Brajesh,
    Yes I see the potential here very much. Your expertise in BuddyPress is why I have decided to go in 100% with MediaPress. So many of us don’t appreciate how much coding goes on in the background to make something like this work. I look forward to seeing what this project will become. Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #461

Thank you Milo.
    I promise not to disappoint 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved