BuddyDev

Search

Integration with Advanced noCaptcha & invisible Captcha PRO

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Luca on #25469

On the homepage the reCaptcha is not showing up in the popup registration form. As far as I can tell, the reCaptcha is showing up correctly if the registration popup is on blog post page but nowhere else…

For example, going to https://cluckbook.com/welcome-to-cluckbook/ and clicking “Register” at the top shows a registration form with the reCAPTCHA displayed… But anywhere else on the site does not seem to be working. Any insight into how to fix this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• Participant
    Luca on #25471

Note: I somehow forgot to specify the details. I meant that your plugin “BuddyPress Ajax Registration” doesn’t seem to allow for the display of the recaptcha on the registration form.

The site in question has the current latest versions of wordpress and buddypress. My theme is just a “blank” child theme of 2016 without any changes yet. I tried deactivating a few other plugins and changing themes, but the issue keeps happening.

I’ve also reached out to the other plugin’s author regarding this.

Thanks for any help!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25472

Hi Luca,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

I checked and I can see that the captcha shows on single post but not on other pages(including single page).

Are you using their free or pro version(from title, I am assuming pro)? I haven’t used the plugin but I am guessing it might be their settings. Since captcha appears on single post page, settings seems the most likely thing causing it.

Do you have options to enable captcha on some pages and hide on others? If yes, Please check.

If you get a reply from them, Please let me know and I will assist further with it. Otherwise, if you do not receive a reply from them in 24 hours, Please share with me admin credentials to check the settings. I can quickly check that and see if it is setting.
    If not settings, then I can check for code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Luca on #25473

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the quick response!
    1 – Yes it’s the pro version but as far as I can tell that’s identical to free version, I just bought the pro version to support them since I’ve been using it on PlantSwap.org for a while and really like it. (I was also having this exact issue with the free version, so I imagine the relevant code/bugs are the same).
    2 – It has a section for “Enabled Forms” with the following options (noting my currently selected locations)
    Login Form
    Registration Form
    Multisite User Signup Form
    Lost Password Form (selected)
    Reset Password Form (selected)
    Comment Form (selected)
    bbPress New topic
    bbPress reply to topic
    BuddyPress register (selected)
    WooCommerce Checkout
    3 – I’ve played around with various combinations of their settings and I’m really not sure what’s happening, still can’t get it to work… I’ll update if I hear from them.

• Participant
    Luca on #25477

By the way, the reCAPTCHA does show up correctly on the regular registration form at the normal URL: https://cluckbook.com/register/ – which is why I wonder if there’s something caused by the Ajax Registration functionality.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25478

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the details.

It seems to me that the recaptcha plugin might not be loading the necessary javascript on all pages and that is the reason. I or my team will be looking at the recaptcha plugin in the day today(IST) and will be providing better suggestion on how to get these two working together.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25484

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the patience.

Our team looked into it and we found the issue. The problem was our form loaded after the recaptcha plugin and their js could not detect it.

We changed the priority for our form and now it seems to be working.

Please try 2.0.7
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-ajax-registration/

and let me know if it works ore not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Luca on #25493

Works perfectly now, thank you!

• Participant
    Luca on #25496

One more problem with this on the registration form… if something is filled out incorrectly and the form reloads with an error message, then we’re back to square 1 with the issue I previously described. The form shows a “Please solve Captcha correctly” message, but the Captcha itself is not loaded.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25497

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for testing it.

The second part needs to be resolved either on the Recaptcha plugins part or we will need to know from them how to refresh it on ajax lodaded form.

Can you please ask the plugin developer how to refresh captcha when a form is reloaded via ajax and let me know?

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved