BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Issue with MediaPress comments

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cheryl on #51674

Hello,
    Continuing to set up MediaPress and I am having some issues with the comments:

1. I am not sure where the comments go. If I enter a comment in the lightbox or in a gallery, they do not show up on the lightbox or gallery and don’t seem to be visible anywhere.

2. Under the gallery comment form, it says “Cancel Poll.” Is this the usual cancel comment phrase for MediaPress or is this getting somehow added by my polling plugin.

3. For posts and custom post types, I generally use WP Discuz which will replace the default comment form with their form — which I prefer. I can generally set up a form for the custom post type and enable that post type on a WP Discuz form and the form then appears. If not, I can usually get it to by adding comment support for the post type in functions.php or adding the comment template in to that post type if the post type does not include the standard comment template. However, even though I see mpp-gallery as an option in the WPDicuz form — which indicates there is already comment support — I cannot get that form to appear and I’ve tried a bunch of things. Ultimately, I’m OK with the simple form on MediaPress IF I can get comments to actually show up. But I’d prefer to use the WP Discuz form if it is possible.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cheryl on #51677
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Issue with MediaPress comments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved