BuddyDev

Search

Labels do not show on BuddyBlog Pro published posts/

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael D’Abruzzo on #39539

Is there any way to show the “labels” for any of the field types during publish?

For instance if I make a date field for “birthdate” or content box for “goals” the labels do not show in the published posts and causes the presentation to be confusing and not very useful for most applications. I use it for owners to list and describe their pet dogs.

I use this with buddyboss. Is this the normal function of the plugin or am I causing this on my end with a CSS conflict?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39540

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

I am assuming that you are using our shortcode at the top/bottom option? If yes, Please add the label manually.

We did not add label in the shortcode as there was no way to customize shortcode settings while copying it.

Since that feature was release couple of releases before, we are unable to show the label for backward compatibility. this will change in a major release where we can notify and break a little bit of backward compatibility.

for now, Please add the label manually before the shortcode. Also, if you have any suggestion on making it easier, please do let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael D’Abruzzo on #39543

Thank you for the fast reply! I did what you suggested and that does work, but I do not know if there is a way to change the text format such as “bold” for the inserted labels in the meta display so it does not present as in this screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IuG-4r5TpulA1G4WVY2qPEExmiPb3dbI/view?usp=sharing

In an update perhaps add an extra field type that is simply “Label” or “Formated Text/HTML” that is meant for bolder labels or other static content that has its own shortcode that can be positioned the same way in the meta display?

Some suggestions that would make the plugin perfect in my opinion are:

1. Add the ability for the post owner to see an “edit” button on the single published blog post page (instead of needing to navigate back to the list of all posts to find edit button for specific page)

2. Add the ability to adjust/crop featured images similar to how buddyboss allows in their user’s profile.

3. Allow the “date” field to present on publish with month:day:year instead of the year first.

4. Allow embedding in the editors. For instance, if I click on “media” in the editor and try to post youtube video from a url, the embed code will post in the editor, but once I publish it disappears. This is also true if you want to embed a google document. (I am unsure if this one is a problem from my own settings or if this is true for everyone?)

Thank you for a great plugin!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39551

Hi Miachel,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. You can add the bold tag for now too using something like this

<strong>Your label</strong>

We are planning to update the shortcode and have the flexibility for including labels.

2. Ability for the post owner to see edit post:- It is already there. The theme controls the edit link. Are you using BuddyBoss theme? I can look into it if you can tell me the theme.

3. Ability to crop/adjust featured image:- I am sorry, it will remain in the same way as WordPress dashboard. We do plan to update how it appears on the edit page for a better experince.

4. Date field format:- Thank you. Please allow us some time. We will be allowing site admins to select date field format. Currently, it takes the browser’s local format.

5. Allow embedding:- It is already there. Please recheck. Also, next week, we are releasing the MediumEditor addon for BuddyBlog, you can use that if you want to be more explicit with videos/uploads.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved