BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User version 2.0.2 doesn’t work with BuddyBoss

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Thomas Kamplain on #37458

Hello Brajesh. The plugin “Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User” does not seem to work. I have installed and activated the plugin. I then checked the checkboxes to restrict groups and I set the limit to 1 for all of the roles. However, I can still create multiple groups and I do not see an error message anywhere.

For this fresh site, I only have the following enabled:
    Limit Groups per User – Version 2.0.2
    BuddyBoss Platform – Version 1.5.7.3
    BuddyBoss Platform Pro – Version 1.1.0.2
    BuddyBoss Theme – Version: 1.6.4.1

Can you please look into this? Thank you.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Anu Sharma on #37459

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback. Our support team will check it and revert back to you soon.

Regards
    Anu

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #37470

Hello Thomas,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Is there any chance you are testing with an administrator account? Please try to test with a user with a different role other than administrator.

I have tested with the subscriber role and it is working fine.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Thomas Kamplain on #37478

Hi Ravi!

Thank you so much for looking into this. Yes, I was testing with an administrator account and the restriction was not working. I tried to test with a subscriber account and I can now see the restriction working. This is really confusing because I saw on the plugin’s settings page that I could restrict the Administrator role and I could also set a limit. If I may suggest, if the plugin is not supposed to restrict the Administrator role, the settings page should be changed so that it doesn’t allow the user to set a limit for the Administrator role. There should just be a note there that says these settings do not apply to administrators.

Also, I encountered another problem but I was able to figure it out. I’ll just share it here for anyone who might encounter the same. If you are using BuddyBoss, there is a setting called “Group Access” where you can select which members should have access to create groups based on things like WordPress Role, Membership (we were using Paid Memberships Pro), etc. This setting can be found on BuddyBoss > Settings > Groups > Group Access. It looks like this setting was overriding any of the restrictions set using the plugin “Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User”. So if you are using both BuddyBoss and this plugin, I think you should disable the “Group Access” setting of BuddyBoss and just use this plugin to restrict who can create groups and how many groups each user role can create.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #37480

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for the acknowledgment and the conflict issue with BuddyBoss.

PFI: Administrator role setting will be applicable in multisite site cases where administrator setting will be applied on sub-site administrators.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved