BuddyDev

Search

Local Notifications

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    kiki on #41700

There seems to be one more issue…

With ‘Local Notifications’ for Recent Visitors enabled, the new visitor notifications never go to the “Read” notifications section after they have been already been clicked. They stay on the “Unread” notifications section forever.

I would like the notification to automatically move to to the “Read” section once the user has acknowledged the new visit by clicking the notification.

Please, how can this be fixed?

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41747

Hello Kiki,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting the bug. I will check it by the day end and will update you.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    kiki on #41749

Hi Ravi,

You’re welcome.
    Okay, sounds good 👍

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41750

Hello Kiki,

I have checked and found that is not a bug in a plugin it is normal behaviour as BuddyPress local notifications. BuddyPress does not mark a notification as read unless you mark the notification as read using the action link next to the notification.

Are you facing marking notification as read using action links also?.

Please let me know

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    kiki on #41753

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your reply.

Marking the notification as ‘Read’ with the action link works …But I don’t use action links to send any other notifications to the ‘Read’ tab, since from my experience, they are all successfully moving to ‘Read’ automatically after the notification is clicked. It has always been more convenient that way.

Notifications from the Recent Visitors plugin are the only notifications that are staying behind in the ‘Unread’ tab after the notification itself is clicked.

For Example: If you receive a new message, as soon as you click the notification that says “xxx sent you a new Message”, the notification in the Local Notifications section automatically goes to the ‘Read’ tab, without having to click the action link first. If you return to the Unread tab, the notification won’t be there anymore.

…Same with “New Friends Requests” notifications. If you click on the notification itself, it goes to the “Read” tab after showing you who the request was from.

I need the Recent Visitors plugin to do the same, because not everyone uses action links to move a notification to their ‘Read’ tab. It is frustrating to click on a notification, then return to the ‘Unread’ tab and see that the notification is still sitting there as if it has not yet been acknowledged, even though it has already been clicked.

Is there a code that can be used to make Recent Visitors notifications behave like every other notification (moving to the ‘Read’ tab automatically after the notification itself is clicked)?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41759

Hi Kiki,
    You are right about it and I have conveyed similar thing to Ravi. He will be updating you in next couple of days.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    kiki on #41763

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for confirming and helping to convey my message.
    Okay, great! I will look forward to his update.

Regards,
    Kiki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41804

Hello kiki,

Please upgrade your plugin and check. We have added support for marking recent visitor’s notifications as read when the user clicks on them.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved