BuddyDev

Search

Looking for a code snippet – Add BuddyPress Groups Sidebar

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #6407

I’ve had advice from several sources but I’m none the wiser so far.

What I would like is a sidebar that will replace the default sidebar on the BuddyPress Groups pages, So I can populate it with groups specific widgets.

Is that an easy ask?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6411

Hi George,
    Thank you for posting. There are multiple ways to do it.

The simplest way is to modify your theme sidebar and use the widget area conditionally.

In future, within 10 days, I am also releasing an addon for WooSidebars plugin, that allows using any sidebar conditionally. I had originally worked on it for a theme of ours and plan to put it for public soon.

For now, you can use bp_is_group() to check if you are on group.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #6566

Any chance you could get something like this natively in Community Builder? It would be great to specify multiple sidebars for different pages through buddypress than some other 3rd party addon I’m currently looking at.

• Participant
    Venutius on #6567

Display Widgets SEO Plus seems to be one work around for BP Pages

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6568

Hi Graham,
    Thank you.
    1. I have the woo sidebars addon almost ready and will release in next couple of days. before going with WooSidebars, I had looked at multiple solutions to provide flexibility with Community Builder. This plugin seemed to be simple/clean coded and highly flexible, so choose it.

As George suggest in the post above, if you only want to show/hide widgets(not sidebar), you may try the above mentioned plugin too.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #6569

That’s great news Brajesh, I think it would be nice to have both options as individually both risk creating a very complicated widget area, with wither tens of sidebars or one very long default sidebar.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved