BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Looking for ideas – Post page with gallery attached

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #5509

Ah this was because mediapress was not loaded but it’s still a concern as sometimes mediapress drops out and that would kill the site. Any chance of putting in a check to see if MP is loaded before activating?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5510

Hi George,
    Thank you. I agree with that. We should have used mpp_admin_init instead of admin_init. I will update the code for future.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #5516

Thanks Brajesh, I’ve done my initial testing seems to work great.

• Participant
    Venutius on #5517

Hi Brajesh,

I have created my page for the location, and I have added the gallery shortcode, however calling the shortcode only displays the images already in the gallery, it does not allow users to upload images from that page, which is what I want. It’s not my intention to have a galleries page at all so the users only interaction with the gallery will be from that location page.

Is there anyway I can enable uploading by calling a shortcode?

• Participant
    Venutius on #5518

Ah, I’ve found the uploader shortcode, however, this puts the uploader at the top of the page, I really need it to be somewhere close to the bottom.

Imagine this page structure:

Page title
    Map of location
    Description of the location
    Contents of image gallery
    Upload options
    Comments

That’s the page structure I would like to create, IS there anyway you can modify the uploader so that it appears in the page in the location where the shortcode is placed?

• Participant
    Venutius on #5520

Also, I have the gallery thumbnails showing at the bottom of the page, however I’m getting a page not found error when a user clicks on a thumbnail. What is the cause of this?

In an ideal world the image would pop out in a lightbox, showing any coments people have made on that image.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5524

Hi George,
    Which version of MediaPress are you using?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #5536

Version 1.0.6

• Participant
    Venutius on #5605

Any ideas on this Brajesh? Even if we moved the upload screen to the bottom of the page that would be a lot better than it is now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5606

Hi George,
    Can you please move the shortcode at the bottom of the content and see what happens?

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Looking for ideas – Post page with gallery attached’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved