BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Make Affiliate WP Appear Within Buddy Boss Frame

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30813

Hi Mikel,
    Marking it resolved as per our email communication.

For anyone else looking for the same, Please use

[bpptc_make_links_relative from="#site_url#/affiliate-area/" relative="affiliates"] [affiliate_area] [/bpptc_make_links_relative]

Where relative is the slug of the tab you create. For example, if you created a slug named “partners”, then relative should be specified as

[bpptc_make_links_relative from="#site_url#/affiliate-area/" relative="partners"] [affiliate_area] [/bpptc_make_links_relative]

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mikel on #31626

hi brajesh,

please let me know if i have something misconfigured here.

i’m noticing that when i am logged in as admin & i view other members profiles that the affiliates tab shows in their profile too & if i click it, it actually shows my affiliates area.

https://imgur.com/V36yG2L

https://imgur.com/irDXgB7

what do i need to do so that the only people who see affiliates links are the affiliates & the only place they see the affiliates link is within their own profile but not for other members?

thanks!

ps:

i did doublecheck to make sure this isn’t something that is appearing to me just as admin.

if i log in as user bobbyjoe i see his affilate link & area as it should be:

https://imgur.com/AJIItGg

but then if bobbyjoe is logged in & views the member profile for anna, he also sees the affiliate link in her profile menu to his affilates account.

https://imgur.com/07ogZw0

thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31635

Hi Mikel,

You seem to have the tab enabled for all. You should set the visibility/visibility to certain roles/owner of profile.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mikel on #31642

hi brajesh,

i have it enabled for admin & also for anyone with a paid membership.

so why would the affiliate tab of admin or a paid member show up in the profile menu of
    of other members? that’s what i am trying to figure out & solve.

i’m trying to get this to work like the wc4bp plugin. the shop link shows up in the members personal profile navigation, but it doesn’t show up in other member’s profiles if i am just browsing them.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31644

Hi Mikel,
    You need to dset the visibility to “Profile Owner”

When you use wc4Bp, they already decide the visibility for you. With Custom profile tabs, we do not decide the visibility as there are chances some of the dynamic tabs might be visible to logged out visitor etc.

That’s why, you need to use the Visibility control and set it to profile owner to make it only visible to the profile owner. Your selection of roles for availability is correct and you do not need to change that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mikel on #31645

thanks brajesh, but i can’t seem to find this setting for profile owner.

where is it located?

• Participant
    Mikel on #31646

i think i found it, so only profile owner should be selected under tab visibility?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31647

Hi Mikel,
    Yes.

That will make it only visible to the owner of the profile.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mikel on #31648

thank you brajesh, it is working fine now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31649

You are welcome 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Make Affiliate WP Appear Within Buddy Boss Frame’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved