BuddyDev

Search

Media Upload box not opening on iPhone

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David Underwood on #24516

This is a transcribe of support request for Mediapress plugin. Looks like Brajesh has abandoned the WordPress Plugins Support Forum! Hopefully Brajesh is more active here.

The pop up dialogue box for uploading media will not open up on iPhone. I tried it on both the activity page and the gallery upload method, it seems the upload button cannot open up the iOS dialogue box for ‘Take Photo or Video, Photo Library, Browse’. It wouldn’t even allow images from URL add button. At the same time, I can easily use these image upload tools to change my profile pic.

I use Apple iPhone 8 and both Safari and Opera Mobile cannot upload images/media with Mediapress. So it seems centric to the iOS API connector within Mediapress plugin. Seems to work well on the BuddyDev Mediapress demo website on mobile.

I found another plugin author with a similar issue, that was rectified by some simple code, you might be interested to know.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-upload-image-button-on-ios-safari-only-does-not-work/

Brajesh, Please help!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24569

Hi David,
    My apologies for not being able to assist earlier.
    I will be working to resolve it this week.

Since the plugin is working on ios devices on our demo, I am assuming the issue is with theme compatibility.

I don’t own any ios device, will be trying to simulate it on Windows/Linux and fixing if I am able to re-create it.

I will be getting back to you with the updates by day end Tuesday.

PS:- Sorry about the wp.org forums. I keep an eye there but their limitations(not allowed to ask for login etc, prevents from troubleshooting). That’s why you see low activity there.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #24698

OK, if you need a cPanel with WordPress test site to muck around with tell me.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24799

Hi Dave,
    My apologies for not being able to reply on time on this. I will be assisting over the weekend. All i will need from you is help in testing the update on ios device.

I will post back in next 3-4 days.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #25312

Hi, I haven’t heard from you about testing in iOS. As of update Mediapress 1.4.6 the media upload button is still not working.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25321

Hi Dave,
    I am sorry but I am unable to help with it currently. I am unable to create it on my linux or my colleagues windows desktop.

is there anyway to check it via an emulator? or a browser addon. If I can see it, It will take me onlu minutes to fix.
    I need to see the exact error in console or the behaviour.

The worst case scenerio is I will by an ios based device sometimes around the end of year and fix it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    elias on #26064

Hi Brajesh, unfortunately I have the same problem

• Participant
    elias on #26098

Do you perhaps need any details regarding the issue? The button is just not active on the iphone X

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26104

Hi,
    can you create a video to show me the current behaviour.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    elias on #26108

Thanks a lot, Brajesh!

I’ll try to make a video but it’s just simple. After a click on the “Upload” button nothing happens.

Strangely enough if you click “Request Desktop version” then the Upload button starts working

The topic ‘Media Upload box not opening on iPhone’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved