BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress commenting for uploaded files poor UI and misrendered on the lightbox

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David Underwood on #30132

I installed Mediapress on the Aardvark theme from Themeforest, and noticed that even though other plugins would enable the Aardvark Buddypress themeing for comments, Mediapress would not, so it alone is stuck with the original themeing from WordPress, refusing to take up the Aardvark theme CSS. This is also causing problems with the display on mobile of the image lightbox with comments. In the portrait mode, the comments box is half cut off, coz the Mediapress refuses to take up the Buddypress CSS themeing of the theme.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30140

Hi David,
    Thank you for the post.

We do not provide theme specific css. It is very easy for theme authors to add css or provide template override for MediaPress.

For a better integration, I will request asking your theme author to support MediaPress. If they face any issue, we will be glad to assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #30143

That is the problem. Theme authors seem to use rTmedia because they probably get a cut from the sales. I asked many times the Aardvark author about integrating Mediapress but they say ask the plugin author for the support. So I am stuck here with each side not budging, which would push me to use rTmedia!

So what is the solution? I don’t have the answer when no side wants to budge!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30144

Hi David,
    I am sorry to hear that.

MediaPress is a free plugin and we do help with basic compatibility like it does not break the layout.
    Beyond that, we leave it on the theme authors. We can not provide compatibility with all the themes out there. The deep integration to inherit look and feel of a theme is better left to the theme authors.

If you are using a paid theme and authors/company don’t care about your basic needs, you should consider switching your theme.

In this case, We will not be able to put time to support theme form an author who sells their theme and does not have any interest in supporting their customers. I hope that you value our time.

Here are the solutions you may use

1. You should avoid theme from arrogant authors if possible. Today, they are not supporting this plugin, tomorrow, they may not support others.

2. You can switch to a free/paid theme which either supports your needed plugin or the authors are willing to help. For example, you may use our Community Builder for free or use our Pro for a lot more functionality.

3. Or you can hire us to add custom support for your theme. That way, we get paid for putting our time on supporting a a pro theme and we have no issues with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #30145

Good ideas. Your BuddyX theme is looking quite decent now but I need the Network Demo theme from Aardvark for the intranet I am developing, and it was built from a page builder which makes it easier for me to manipulate the theme to some extent.

In the meantime I will use the Activity Plus Reloaded for BuddyPress plugin (I was telling the Buddypress Activity Plus Styling author to give their plugin to you as well, since they have stopped supporting it) and just use rTmedia for the galleries.

I will mark this thread resolved.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30149

Hi David,
    Thank you.

Yes, this seems the best way for you in current situations.

Thank you for marking it resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress commenting for uploaded files poor UI and misrendered on the lightbox’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved