BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23095

Hi Richard,
    I will experimenter with it in next 2 days. An issue that I can see is the chronological order of comments.
    Will write more after the experiment.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #23100

hi Brajesh,

I did some work with the BP activity comments tree. On it’s own it’s fine, but it is a different system from the WP comments tree, which is also fine on it’s own. Putting them together is fun!

For different values of fun! 😉

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23163

hi Brajesh,

did you make progress on this, are there any signs of light on the horizon…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23172

Hi Richard,
    I will be updating you with it on Monday/Tuesday.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23211

Hi Richard,
    I have gone with a very moderate approach for now. When there is only one media attached to the activity, I mark that as media activity and that makes the activity comments appear on media.
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/e472b532ecb4e165832faaab5b8326996a2139c6

Please update from here
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress

Try uploading single media to activity and check how it works.

I will be updating the wording for activity actions too later today. Hopefully, we can push a release in next 2 days.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23217

hi Brajesh,

thanks for your work on this. When I upload a new image, or comment on an existing image, the comments to *not* make it through to the single media page itself.

When I comment on an existing activity thread, (on an image), this appears to work fine. I *think* this is Media->comment->feed works then in both directions. But media_in_feed->activity->[does_not_get_to_media].

I did find something interesting. The comments appear to make it to the GALLERY just fine. Just *not* to the image itself. I’ve disabled my theme to make sure I’m not doing anything wonky, and the effect remains the same. No comments on the image.

If that helps?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23218

Hi Richard,
    If you are using the version from github, please recheck.

Here is the expected behaviour:-

1. For new uploads, if there is only one media , the activity will appear on media as well as gallery wall. So will be activity comments. This is for new uploads only.

2. For multiple uploads, the activity and comments will appear on a gallery wall as they are on gallery media not on individual(It already used to happen from the past).

Please make sure you update from the github and then recheck it by disabling any custom code for MediaPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23221

hi Brajesh,

using the code out of github, this looks like it’s working exactly as expected for single media uploads.

I can also confirm that when I backout the github code, and use the WP code, the old behaviour returns.

Looks very good!

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23231

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for checking and confirming.

This will be available as part of our next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23242

hi Brajesh,

thank YOU for fixing it!

The inevitable question is: do you have an ETA for the next release, or should I use the github code directly?

R.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved