- Brajesh Singh on May 20, 2019 at 10:18 am #23095
I will experimenter with it in next 2 days. An issue that I can see is the chronological order of comments.
Will write more after the experiment.
- Richard Foley on May 20, 2019 at 1:36 pm #23100
I did some work with the BP activity comments tree. On it’s own it’s fine, but it is a different system from the WP comments tree, which is also fine on it’s own. Putting them together is fun!
For different values of fun! 😉
- Richard Foley on May 24, 2019 at 6:55 am #23163
did you make progress on this, are there any signs of light on the horizon…?
- Brajesh Singh on May 24, 2019 at 9:23 am #23172
I will be updating you with it on Monday/Tuesday.
- Brajesh Singh on May 28, 2019 at 11:41 am #23211
I have gone with a very moderate approach for now. When there is only one media attached to the activity, I mark that as media activity and that makes the activity comments appear on media.
Please update from here
Try uploading single media to activity and check how it works.
I will be updating the wording for activity actions too later today. Hopefully, we can push a release in next 2 days.
- Richard Foley on May 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm #23217
thanks for your work on this. When I upload a new image, or comment on an existing image, the comments to *not* make it through to the single media page itself.
When I comment on an existing activity thread, (on an image), this appears to work fine. I *think* this is Media->comment->feed works then in both directions. But media_in_feed->activity->[does_not_get_to_media].
I did find something interesting. The comments appear to make it to the GALLERY just fine. Just *not* to the image itself. I’ve disabled my theme to make sure I’m not doing anything wonky, and the effect remains the same. No comments on the image.
If that helps?
- Brajesh Singh on May 28, 2019 at 8:28 pm #23218
If you are using the version from github, please recheck.
Here is the expected behaviour:-
1. For new uploads, if there is only one media , the activity will appear on media as well as gallery wall. So will be activity comments. This is for new uploads only.
2. For multiple uploads, the activity and comments will appear on a gallery wall as they are on gallery media not on individual(It already used to happen from the past).
Please make sure you update from the github and then recheck it by disabling any custom code for MediaPress.
- Richard Foley on May 28, 2019 at 9:06 pm #23221
using the code out of github, this looks like it’s working exactly as expected for single media uploads.
I can also confirm that when I backout the github code, and use the WP code, the old behaviour returns.
Looks very good!
- Brajesh Singh on May 29, 2019 at 9:50 am #23231
Thank you for checking and confirming.
This will be available as part of our next update.
- Richard Foley on May 29, 2019 at 5:38 pm #23242
thank YOU for fixing it!
The inevitable question is: do you have an ETA for the next release, or should I use the github code directly?
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments’ is closed to new replies.