BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23247

Hi Richard,
    You are welcome.
    For now, Please use the change from the github.

My plan is to release next version with a bit better lightbox(already implemented, needs minor tweak) and remote only media upload in addition to a few other improvements.

Due to prior commitments I haven’t been able to spend much time on MediaPress. Hoping to add these features by the 2nd week of June and then push a release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #23257

wilco Brajesh,

Many thanks again!

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23491

Hi Richard,
    There was a slight change in 1.4.5. This is not enabled by default as it had a side effect when one media is uploaded with any comment(it showed the activity xyz added a media in the lightbox).

To renable it, Please use

add_filter('mpp_use_single_media_upload_as_media_activity', '__return_true' );

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23499

hi Brajesh,

ok, thanks very much for the information. Is this the permanent solution, or might you use a config/settings option to control this behaviour in the future? Just a thought.

Also, I notice that I the activity-media-comments-to-media is only *sometimes* carried over!

I haven’t identified when it works and when it doesn’t work, yet, currently it just appears to be random. Sometimes the media displays the activity comment, and sometimes it doesn’t. :\

I’m using both MP v1.4.5 and your suggested filter above.

R.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Richard Foley.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23501

Hi Richard,

1. Once you add the above code, if a user uploads single media in activity, it will treat any comment on that media as media’s activity.

2. If there are more than 1 media attached to same activity, It will be treated as gallery activity.

Hope that clarifies.

This is a work around for now. For last few days, I have been rethinking our approach for comments and there are better ways to handle it. Since we will need to migrate user’s old activities to our system, I am keeping it in our future major milestone.

MediaPress is going to be our major priority in future. I plan to restart the active development of MediaPress around end of August and we will have the comments as well as a lot major updates after that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23502

hi Brajesh,

ok, I see the missing media comments in the gallery. This is not very intuitive, as nobody is going to look at the gallery and say “aha, there is my comment I made on that media”. On the plus side, at least the comments *are* stored with the relevant media gallery. I’m also really pleased to hear you are going to focus on mediapress again soon!

However, I still don’t think this is behaving quite like you think it is. For example, there is a user who has uploaded a single media. This generates a “user added 1 photo” into the activity feed, including a thumbnail. When I comment on this thumbnail activity, the comment does NOT get attached to the media.

:/

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23503

Hi Richard,
    Once you have added the code for filter in your bp-custom.php, It will behave like I explained earlier.

It will show on as gallery comments only if you did not use the code or the number of media was greater than 1.

It applies to new uploads and not retrospectively.

Please give it a try.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #23506

hi Brajesh,

I stand happily corrected 🙂

The behaviour I was seeing was because the single-media-upload I tested against was an existing (old) media upload. I hadn’t appreciated that part of your description. Against new single media uploads, the behaviour is exactly as expected.

Resolving again!

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23520

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for confirming. I am glad it is working 🙂

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved