BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress Error after installing WPML

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #2867

Hi Brajesh,

I have a few problems with MediaPress Translation. Actually translation is ok, it causes other issues.

After installing WPML my MediaPress activities do not appear in activity stream and it returns such an error, here’s a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/bR95Efn.png
    This error is only on Spanish version, English is my default language.

Also, it shows in my profile I have 2 galleries in English version and no galleries in Spanish.

When I try to upload media in Spanish activities page, this error appears:
    This file type is not allowed. Allowed file types are:
    The file types list is empty but all of them are checked in dashboard.
    This also happens only in Spanish version.

Can you please advise?

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2872

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

The error is there because MediaPress is not able to find the type of gallery/media. I am not sure why is it happening but I don’t have access to WPML, so will need your help.

Can you please tell me how the wpml works on site?

• Participant
    Leo on #2875

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your reply.
    If it’s easier for you, I can create an account for you to check. please let me know and I’ll email it to you.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2876

Hi Leo,
    Thank you. Yes, Please create an account. That will be very helpful.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #2877

Hi Brajesh,

I have just sent you the details via email.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2881

Hi Leo,
    I checked and I am unable to see the buttons on the activity for the Spanish site. Is it disabled? Also, Can you please tell me if wpml modifies settings in some way? Since your original message was related to type, I am assuming that the settings are coming empty for the Spanish site.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #2882

Hi Brajesh,

I am sorry, I had disabled it to test other plugins translations. It is enabled now. If you want, you can check out now and you can enable/disable anything for testing.
    As far as I know WPML doesn’t modify the settings, however, not only types, but for example Public, private etc, privacy options also are empty in Spanish.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2894

Hi Leo,
    Please keep it disabled for now.
    Here is what I am guessing is happening:-
    1. Assumption:- WPML is changing the slug of the various terms(Is that correct, does it translate the slugs of category etc?)

2. MediaPress uses specific terms for status, type and component, It is not finding those terms. That leads to the invalid settings causing this.

Can you please tell me if my assumption is correct or invalid? This seems to be the only logical explanation for what is happening there.

• Participant
    Leo on #2924

Hi Brajesh,

Yes, it changes/translates everything, if you enable it, which I had done actually.
    There’s a page for Taxonomy translations and there are listed Media Types, Components, Gallery Statuses etc.
    but there are ‘rare’ slugs, _audio-19 _video-34 etc. I do not know how to make it.

I have disabled it and it works now, but obviously with English content in Spanish version.
    And there’s another problem, the galleries created in Spanish version do not show up anywhere.

I will try to find out more.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2925

Hi Leo,
    The only thing we need is to disable translation for the three taxonomies used by MediaPress. They are for the internal purpose and will have no effect on overall translations.

If you can get some idea from wpml team about it, I will be happy to add the support quickly.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress Error after installing WPML’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved