BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress Error after installing WPML

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #2927

Hi Brajesh,

I will open a ticket at WPML to see if they can help.

Do you know what these slugs are, they always change _audio-19 _audio-34 53 etc. I want to try changing them and see what happens, but I do not know where they are used.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2928

Hi Leo,
    Thank you.
    Yes, I know, They are the invalid translations.

Internally, we use taxonomy(say mpp-type) for media type and then we use terms “_photo”, “_audio”, “_video” to have galleries classified as photo/audio/video.
    Similarly, we use two other taxonomies (All the status are terms and so are the components).

These are for internal use and are never available/visible to the user/siteadmin, so these should not be translated.

• Participant
    Leo on #2929

OK, great! so I disabled the translation for them.
    I also disabled the string translation at all, removed the .mo file for mediapress.

Now there are media types links next to my gallery, create gallery links.
    when you want to create a gallery the status for public is empty (empty option) but private and followers only are ok ( i enabled only these 3).
    also galleries created in spanish either disappear, or the message says: The privacy policy does not allow you to view this.
    when creating a group gallery, it takes me to my personal galleries page.
    strange things happen.

I am going to install only MediaPress and WPML on a separate subdomain to test it all, maybe I can find out something.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2947

Please do let me know what you find there.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #2948

Hi Brajesh,

I think the problem was translating those types, after disabling them everything seems to be working now. I will let you know tomorrow when I finish it all.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2950

Thank you Leo.
    That makes sense. We will need to find some way to disable translation for the terms automatically if possible with wpml(for MediaPress taxonomies). That will help others too.

I am looking forward to your future tests.

• Participant
    Leo on #2951

Hi Brajesh,

Everything works fine, there’s no need to disable anything, the media types, components and gallery statuses are disabled by default.
    The problem was I enabled them and even after disabling, the translation strings were remaining.

So, if you want MediaPress to work with WPML you just need to update and upload the .mo file and never enable taxonomies for MediaPress. This way everything works fine.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2955

Thank you Leo.
    That makes a lot of sense and I am sure it will be helpful for others too.

Marking this topic as resolved.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress Error after installing WPML’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved