BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress features

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #15262

Hi Brajesh,

You may remmeber a while back you halped me put together some code to automatically add a gallery to a new custom post type I had built for a site. This is working great, however for that site I need to explore some further enhancements.

I’m using the gallery shortcode to display that gallery alongside the post content, so I’m seeing a grid layout. however this layout is not showing enough information about the images it’s displaying. Ideally I’d also like to show a descrption (and possibly a name) for the image.

So I’m looking for suggestions as to how to obtain this.

One though I had, was that I could use the comments as the description:

1. overload the image upload routine so that the user is prompted to add the first comment for the image at the time of upload.
    2. overload the gallery grid view so that it also displays an excerpt of the first comment for that image.

Any suggestions if something like this is possible?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15266

Hi George,
    Thank you for posting. It seems the me the problem you are facing is how to add the title/description on the upload screen. Is that correct?

At the moment, I don’t see any correct way to do it. The one I can think of is on upload complete, for each media, we show the edit box like on the Gallery’s bulk edit media page. And update it via ajax.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #15272

Yes I’d like the title and description to be editable on upload.

I’d also like to display the images alongside the title and description, currently even if I add a description I can’t see how a standard user would view those.

• Participant
    Venutius on #15293

Is there any view that shows the description when the image is viewed?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15294

Hi George,
    the shortcode does not support description. I checked the code yesterday for the same. I do plan to add it.

For normal galleries, you can enable it from MediaPress->Settings->Theming. It is also available in the lightbox view.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #15295

Unfortunately I’m using the shortcode exclusively on this one, good to know you are going to add it as a feature.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15296

I am sorry that we missed it, we should not have.. It should have been at par with other templates.

Thank you for the patience. It will be available in next 2-3 days when 1.3.8 is available.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #15300

Thanks, that would be great!

• Participant
    Venutius on #15425

Hi Brajesh, any news? I’m getting close to deployment and I’d like to have this in place for then.

Thanks

George

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15434

Hi George, I will push it by evening tomorrow on github.

I have been holding as the next 1-2 weeks I will be devoting on MediaPress only and wanted all the updated to be clubbed together.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved