BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress features

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #15618

Thanks Brajesh, that was nice and simple, I’ve now got a prototype running, just need to get the visuals sorted.

Speaking of which, have you noticed that the media uploader window – .mpp-dropzone is not high enough? it’s set to 165px on my system and that draws it right over the max file size display. on my system it needs to be 205px.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15622

You are welcome George.

It’s good to know that you accomplished it. Great job. Don’t forget to share a screenshot. Will love to see it how it works.

You are right about that height. It varies based on font etc. Will make it a bit more(200 or 210 ) in coming update this week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #15623

Here’s what I’ve got so far, one view of the media upload before the upload and another after it’s been uploaded. I’m hoping my users will either read the help file or not have the savvy to multi-select images. I’ll deal with that when it happens I think.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=73klmh&s=9

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=73klmh&s=9

My next project will be to integrate and zoomable full screen lightbox into the single media view, don’t suppose you have any tips on that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15624

Thank you. It seems the second image got cut off. I see, you are doing it for gallery upload. I will be thinking of some way too.

For the zoomable media, if you need any help with MediaPress(getting original image etc, I will be here to help). Rest, you will need to handle the js part yourself.

• Participant
    Venutius on #15625

Sorry about that, here it is again:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iozrjc&s=9#.Wx6yEiAnaM8

There’s a plugin that adds zoomable lightboxes for standard media WP Image Zoom, my first thought is to see what its using and replicate that for mediapress images.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15633

Thank you. Looks good to me.

For the zoomable image, This month has a packed schedule for me and I am unable to work on that. It should be very easy to extend the plugin and add MediaPress compatibility though.

• Participant
    Venutius on #15638

Hi Brajesh,

For my image zoom, all I need to do is add a class to the img for all MediaPress single media pages. I added this manually by editing photo.php and simply adding the class. Obviously this will be overwritten with the next update. Any suggestions on how I can add this programmatically?

• Participant
    Venutius on #15640

Is there a way of overloading the mpp template files? That would be the easiest I would have thought.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15641

Hi George,
    MediaPress templates are overridable. All you need to do is copy the templates from

wp-content/plugins/mediapress/templates/mediapress/default/….. to your theme/mediapress/default…..

In other words, you will need to maintain the structure. For example wp-content/plugins/mediapress/templates/mediapress/default/gallery/create.php will go to yourtheme/mediapress/default/gallery/create.php

As of the class if concerned, you will most probably not need to modify template for it.. You need class on the body element or the image container element?

• Participant
    Venutius on #15642

That sounds simple enough.

The class needs to be added to the img element itself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved