BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress lightbox is not loading

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Talvinder Singh on #25683

Hi

I am using mediapress and files are getting uploaded but the images/videos/docs are not opening in lightbox. Clicking on the image/doc/video takes the user to the single image/doc/video page.

What am I doing wrong? Its a standard install.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25684

Hi Talvinder,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

There are 2 possible reasons.

1. Either conflict with something or javascript error
    2. Or not configured to use ligtbox in the settings.

Can you please link me to your site. I can quickly check and assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Talvinder Singh on #25685

Hi brajesh

You can check the site here – https://stg1.pragmaticleaders.io/activity/

I am sharing the credentials in a private reply.

• Participant
    Talvinder Singh on #25686
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25687

Hi Talvinder,
    Thank you.

I had a look and in the console I can see a lot of javascript errors coming from various plugins in the browser console. Please fix them and the lightbox will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Talvinder Singh on #25688

Hi Brajesh

The errors are harmless font not loading errors. There was one error coming from a plugin (which doesn’t break anything on the site). I have disabled that plugin as well.

You will see, 3-4 font not loading errors. I don’t think they can contribute to lightbox not loading.

In the settings, I have enabled the lightbox but if you inspect an image element, I see mpp-no-lightbox as a class in the image element – could be the reason?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25689

Hi Talvinder,
    We are opening lightbox via our js api and it does not need the lighbox class.

I am referring to this error
    https://i.imgur.com/aWZiFyg.png

The Unexpected Token.

PS:- Since you are using WPLMS, is there a chance it is using magnific popup?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Talvinder Singh on #25690

WPLMS has a popup feature via the vibethemes content type, but I am not sure if it is magnific popup.

Regarding the unexpected token –

On the activity page, the unexpected token is pointing to the 404 page, line 2. I went to 404 page and checked its console as well, it had the same error pointing to line 2 of index file though.

Check the screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/arEWSkP

The error is due to the <!Doctype… declared in line 2 – which doesn’t seem to be an issue that can prohibit lightbox. If it was that serious an issue, it should have stopped a lot of other plugins to work as well.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25695

Hi Talvinder,
    Sorry, I had left yesterday.

The problem is there are spaces before your doctype comment(most probably caused by some plugin).

The Magnific popup plugin (the lightbox that we use), will not work if it does not find the valid doctype. Your doctype values are valid, but space is causing this.

If you truly believe this is not the error, Please try the MediaPress plugin on some other install with default theme and let me know if that works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved