BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress "likes"

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #15661

Hi there

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you were hoping to add the option to “like” Mediapress posts and just wondering if this is likely to be implemented soon, or if I should be looking for an alternative solution.

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15663

Hi Nikki,
    We do have a solution for it but we haven’t made it public as it needs optimization. Like is one kind of a plugin that may do too many data base queries and we need to optimize the solution to fetch the likes for a collection of objects instead of individual.

I will have a discussion with the team and see if we can have it any time soon. What is your allowed time window.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #15678

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for your reply and yes… I can well imagine the issue you describe.

It’s something I’d love to be able to implement within the next month or so, as a couple of users have already requested it as an option, although as it’s an “enhancement” rather than a serious issue, it’s not TOO time critical.

I guess if you said it would likely be available within the next 2 – 3 months, I could wait a little longer… although if it’s likely to be more than that, not a major issue, but I might look around at what else is available in the meantime 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

PS. Off-topic, but you don’t have a paid memberships plug-in at all do you? I think I’ve tested most of the big players I’ve come across and can’t say I’m 100% happy with any of them 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15693

Thank you Nikki.

It will be available before that. I have talked to @ravisharma and we plan to have it within a month.

I completely agree with you on the membership. Except one, In my view, all the plugins are either bloated, have too bad code or lack features.

It is on my radar too and will love to discuss more about it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Buko on #16066

I would like this feature to.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Buko on #16067

ooh. and view counts too.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16068

Thank you. The like is coming soon.

The view count is already available here.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/mpp-media-view-counter/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #17126

Hi Brajesh

It’s been a little while… wondering if you’d make any progress on the “likes” option 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17133

Hi Nikki,
    I am sorry, the things have changed a bit.

In the current setup, It was very difficult for us to provide top lists based on type, component and status.

We have decided to first improve our schema for better performance and then this will come. The next major version of MediaPress 1.5 with the newer schema will be available by 15th Nov or earlier. This project(including vote up/down option) will be available after 2-4 weeks of the release of 1.5

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #17135

Hi Brajesh

Ah that’s a shame but thank you for letting me know and I understand you may have your own priorities/reasons.

As far as the members on the site I’m currently working on are concerned, all they really want is a Facebook style “like” button for images (primarily)… and preferably a notification to the poster if/when someone likes something so really not too worried about voting up/down etc but will still look forward to seeing what you come up with.

With thanks as always
    Nikki

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved