BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress – No upload in activity or gallery

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    JC on #1307

Yesterday everything was in good order – uploads were working – media was placed in activity and galleries.Today when media (photo) is selected no preview is available but a file-name is visible beneath the upload area…followed by the filesize and “X”…media appears in admin area (media library) as it is being uploaded before any update is posted !

Downloaded the latest zip and updated – but to no avail. Same results. Nothing else was updated or changed…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1308

Hi JC,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. If the file name is shown it is most probably the image file is not loading due to some reason.

Can you please point me to the site and provide a guest account( normal user ). I will check and report back quickly.

PS: If you have uploaded today, did you update settings, we have a lot of change in settings in last 3 weeks and just need to confirm that.

• Participant
    JC on #1311

Kept the settings the same – if unsure – I left as default…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1312

That is fine. Just make sure to click “Update settings” in case something goes wrong. Also, Can you please provide me a link to the site here or in PM. That will let me help you quickly.

• Participant
    JC on #1313

Site is Petrage.net.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1314

I am getting “Error establishing a database connection”

• Participant
    JC on #1315

All sites are down – logging onto cpanel to check.

• Participant
    JC on #1316

Hostgator is working on it – some sites are back up – looks like petrage.net is up but it may be a bit slow…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1317

For me the upload seems to work fine. You can check the user “buddytest” and the update.

One thing that I noted is you seem to use Activity plus too? Is there any specific need for that?

• Participant
    JC on #1318

Very strange…I see your image posted – but I still cannot get it to work without error !
    As far as Activity Plus – Honestly – some of the users like embedding a url -link and video- and formatting a link with a thumbnail etc…very easy for them !
    I am going to restyle the links and make the mediapress activity buttons stand out more as they are the primary resource for media.

The only thing I have changed is on my Linux system – I updated Firefox and Chrome…guess I have to fire up the windows box and give it a go. I can’t think of any other reason this shouldn’t work !
    I very much appreciate your time –
    Best Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved