BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress only shows the camera icon of users videos on sitewide gallery

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    388media on #32423

Hello,

Please I need assistance on the mediapress plugin to show video thumbnails on the sitewide gallery page. After our buddypress users upload videos. It only shows camera Icon rather than the video thumbnail.

And this is not too professional.

I am unable to upload a picture here so please kindly follow the below link to see what I mean.

https://bit.ly/3izXxsK

Thank you in anticipation

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32438

Hi,
    Thank you for using MediaPress.

There is no way to generate thumbnail from videos without using a transcoder. By default, we can not do that using php, so we use a blank cover.

If you want to generate the thumbnail and if using a VPS/Dedicated server, Please use the MediaPress Local Transcoder addon

https://buddydev.com/plugins/mpp-local-transcoder/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    388media on #32457

Thanks Brajesh for the swift response.

I installed and activated the MediaPress Local Transcoder addon before laying my complain.

Seems I need to setup this addon before it generates thumbnails for users videos. Please do I need to anything else for it generate thumbnails for users videos? Or installing the alone does the job? If it needs further setup, please kindly tell me how.

Thanks again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32466

Hi,
    You will need to make sure FFMPEG is installed on your server and php is able to execute shell commands.

Also, make sure to avoid snap repo if using debian/ubuntu. That restricts FFMPEG from accessing files out of home.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    388media on #32479

Hello,

Thank so much.

Please can I get a detailed guide on how to get the FFMPEG and install it on PHP?

Secondly, can it work on shared hosting?

Thanks again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32496

Hi,
    1. We do not have any specific guide for it. If you are using ubuntu, you can do sudo apt-get install ffmpeg from the terminal.

2. No, It won’t work with shared server. Transcoding is a resource intensive process and will require VPS or dedicated hardware.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    388media on #32511

Okay,

thank you so much Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32516

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress only shows the camera icon of users videos on sitewide gallery’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved