BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress plugin media input dialogue box close button persisting after close

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David Underwood on #28058

I noticed in the latest versions of Mediapress that you added a red close button to the media upload dialogue box below the buddypress activity update input box. I installed mediapress in Kleo theme from themeforest and I think they AJAXified the buddypress activity update input box. I noticed if I then press the media input button below the BP activity update input box, the dialogue box appears with the red close button on the top right of the box. If I then click on the OUTSIDE of the box (eg on the sidebar of that page), the media input box disappears but the little red button persists like a ghost. Also if I try to write something on the activity update input box after this process, nothing happens, it is frozen. Also the icons for the mediapress media input disappears. If I reload the whole page, then everything becomes normal.

You can see the situation from the 3 screenshot urls below

1) This is what the BP Activity Update input box looks like normally:
    https://testbizzi.bizzi.life/members/lspadminer/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery-2/screenshot-kleo-bp-mediapress-activity-update-before-click/

2) After opening the mediapress media insert dialogue box, the Windows download dialogue box opens. If I cancel this then the screenshot shows what the media input dialogue box looks like:
    https://testbizzi.bizzi.life/members/lspadminer/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery-2/screenshot-kleo-bp-mediapress-activity-update-after-media-input-cancel/

3) This situation now freezes the BP activity update input box and sometimes, the media input icons from mediapress disappears! The red close button persists as a ghost:
    https://testbizzi.bizzi.life/members/lspadminer/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery-2/screenshot-kleo-mediapress-buddypress-activity-update-ghost-element/

If I reload the whole page THEN it returns to normal.
    Seems to be a massive bug ever since the red close button was introduced to the media input dialogue box.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28059

Hi David,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

If you do not want the close button, Please add the following css .

.mpp-upload-container-close{ display:none;}

You can add it via Appearance->Customize->Additional Css.

As of the unnecessary close button:- It may not suit your theme as they show/hide the form differently, I personally believe it is needed. There are so many themes which don’t do it and there was no way to close the upload area once it opened.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #28066

Yes I tried it in the Kleo theme and it works. Thanks.

I remember originally to close the media input box without add media, I would just click the same mediapress icon again. EG if I click on the icon to add a picture, and the media input box opens, but I don’t want to add anything (changed my mind) I would just reclick the mediapress picture add icon again. This work BUT if I changed my mind again and DO want to add a or even another type of media, the icons DO NOT WORK. I suspect because mediapress is not fully AJAXified so it needs a full page refresh to get the icons to work again. I assume you all are working on that now that BuddyPress is more AJAXified in the latest version.

I notice you all took over the Activity Plus plugin and that uses a much better system to upload media. Maybe it would be a good idea to use that type of upload in mediapress? Just giving some ideas.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28067

Hi David,
    Thank you.

1. Clicking icon to close will still work. It was not obvious for many people though. We haven’t changed that at all.

2. I am sorry, the opening/closing has nothing to do with ajax. It seems some javascript events might not be bound(I need to verify this).

3. I beg to differ about the activity plus, can you please tell me what is better experience there? I took over it as it was needed by the people. I believe it has very limited functionality(allowing to upload to activity).

For MediaPress, activity upload is just one of the many things. MediaPress can be used without BuddyPress, or with BuddyPress but without activity upload too.
    It is aimed at managing collection of media. Activity Plus has 1 goal and that is to allow uploading/adding media in the activity stream(can’t handle video/audio upload) and there ic no concept of managing media.

These two serve to very different audiences.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #28101

I reinstalled the Kleo theme and the various plugins in strict order and now the red close box button works well and does not remain as a ghost and freeze the input of the Buddypress Activity Update input box. And I do NOT have to reload the page anymore. Great thanks.

I was not suggesting that the Activity Plus Reuploaded plugin was better than Mediapress (far from it I think Mediapress is better than RTmedia in certain aspects, but not as good from the GUI point of view), but there are parts of the Activity Plus Reuploaded plugin which we can learn from to make a better Mediapress.

Here are some parts whose concepts can be used to improve Mediapress:

https://testbizzi.bizzi.life/members/lspadminer/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery-2/screenshot-kleo-activity-reloaded-good-media-input-dialogue/

A good example is that the Activity Plus Reuploaded plugin uses a decent cancel BUTTON rather than a miniscule red close box button to close the dialogue. This is so much better on mobile obviously, since those with large fingers find button a lot better to pres than a small red image.

But these are all suggestions to improve Mediapress. Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28105

Hi David,
    Thank you.

I appreciate the feedback and I am looking forward to improve the experience. I was unsure and got confused, that’s why I asked.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #28124

WHOOPS! I just realized the problem is still not resolved. If I just insert something into the BP Activity Update Box without even touching the Mediapress icons, the small red button for closing from the media upload box just appears out of the blue (even though I did not touch the mediapress media upload buttons) like a ghost. This is certainly a bug not dependent on other plugins, maybe on the Kleo theme but I don’t know since I have not tried it with other themes. Please help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28137

Hi David,
    Thank you for the reply.

For the time being, Please use the css from my previous post.

I do have a licensed copy of this theme and I will put an update of MediaPress next week after testing with this theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Underwood on #28287

Thanks for trying to resolve this matter. Another problem I noticed: I set up to upload a document (pdf) and after I had uploaded it using your document upload icon, I then wanted to upload a pic to go next to the document so I intuitively pressed the pic upload icon next. Bad mistake! It froze the page after I clicked the pic upload icon. I had to reload the activity page before trying again. The second time, after I uploaded the pdf, I clicked the small red close button icon to close the upload box, THEN I pressed the pic upload icon, and it worked fine. So just to bear this in mind when you are repairing the code on Kleo theme.

Also Kleo has a few problems which the authors have helped me resolve, you can pick out what you need from the CSS repairs below, and add to the Theme options>General settings>Quick css box:

/*For removing the space above website and show admin bar and top menu*/
    html { margin-top: 0px !important; }
    * html body { margin-top: 0px !important; }
    @media screen and ( max-width: 782px ) {
        html { margin-top: 0px !important; }
        * html body { margin-top: 0px !important; }
    }
    @media screen and ( max-width: 782px ) {
        .logged-in #header { margin-top:45px;}
    }
    @media screen and ( min-width: 782px ) {
       .logged-in #header {
            margin-top:33px !important;
        }
    }
    .kleo-notifications.new-alert {z-index:9999!important;}

/*For spacing out the mobile menu lines to enable large fingers to use*/
    @media (max-width: 991px) {
        #header .navbar-nav li {
            padding:8px 0;
        }
    }

/*For changing the font colour on mobile submenu so it doesn't clash with black background. You can use hex to get your colour choice after the color:*/
    @media (max-width: 991px) {
        #header .navbar-nav .dropdown-menu li a {color:#838b8b !important;}
    }

/*This CSS works globally on elements in Buddypress in Kleo which are not aligned well in certain pages like Notifications, Sites*/
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li a, #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li span {
    line-height: 25px;
    }

/*For pushing down the mediapress elements in the gallery view for MediaPress for better mobile view, concurrently works on desktop view */
    div#mpp-dir-list {
        display: inline-block;
        width: 100%;
    }
    .directory.mediapress /*This directs the CSS to work only on the page specified*/
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li a, #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li span {
    line-height: 42px;
    }

/*For spacing out the scrunched up lines above the activity update entry box in the BP Group site on Kleo mobile*/
    @media(max-width:991px) {
        #buddypress form#whats-new-form p.activity-greeting {line-height: 20px;padding-top: 0;}
    }

/*For increasing the line spacing in Kleo Buddypress Activity Update meta elements for bigger fingers on mobile*/
    @media(max-width:991px) {
        .activity-meta div#ai_ar_main {
            margin-top: 10px;
        }
    }

/*For increasing the padding below the Kleo BP activity update box to the dropdown selector elements to align with the Mediapress icons */
    div#mpp-activity-upload-buttons {
    margin: 0 !important;
    }
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28291

Thank you.

I will look into that and will use the css while testing.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved