BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress Upload HTTP Error

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #8754

Hi Brajesh,

The same upload issue exists again https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/mediapress-image-upload-http-error/

Now the server support team tells me that it has something to do with mod_security, the way the upload is being done.

What do you think about it and is there a way to get around the mod_security?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8772

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry but I don’t see any reason for it. Are normal WordPress working fine?

The server admin can disable the mod security for file uploads(I am not sure if it is a good idea for user uploaded files, please ask it to the server support).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #8785

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I was talking to them, I need to change my server to be able to disable it, my current account doesn’t allow me to.

Yes, the WP dashboard upload works fine. Isn’t there a way to go without disabling mod_security?

Thank you.

Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8791

Hi Leo,
    Can you please ask the support i they can help us understand what is triggering the mod_security rules.

I haven’t seen anything like this before where the normal wp uploads worked but not the MediaPress.

• Participant
    Leo on #8795
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8799
  • Participant
    Leo on #8800
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8804

Hi Leo,
    We are not creating any temp directory. It is coming from php’s temp dir when the file is being uploaded.
    It seems something changed on the server and the location of temp has changed.

Please ask the support why the php’s temp directory is not working. It should work for shared hosting too(The location might be different).

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris Walters on #42126

I am having this problem as well. What is the solution ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42136

The topic ‘MediaPress Upload HTTP Error’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved