• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7624

Hi BD,
    Please try it on this site

http:.//demos.buddydev.com/mediapress

user demo
    password demo

We have updated the install to use WordPress 4.7.2. Please give it a try and let me know if the issue is there or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    BD on #7630

The issue isn’t present on the demo site – great! Do you have any recommendations for steps I can take to resolve this issue on our local installation?

• Participant
    BD on #7631

I already tried deactivating all plugins other than WordPress & MediaPress, and it did not solve the issue. I also made sure the site is using the latest version of jQuery.

I tested this out with the built-in Safari User Agent Switcher, and the issue appears to be tied to that. When the user agent is iPhone or Android, the upload ceases to work, even on a laptop running Safari. As soon as I switch the agent back to OS X Safari, the upload works.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7634

Hi BD,
    I am sorry but I am not in a position to understand the issue. Which theme are you using? Is it the default WordPress theme?

• Participant
    BD on #7636

No, it’s a custom theme based on Underscores. I cant find what would be causing the issue anywhere in the theme, though. The issue is only present on mobile phones.

I’d be happy to give you an admin account if you’d be willing to look at it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7648

Hi BD,
    Is it possible to test it by using the default theme on your site. I am sorry but I don’t own any of the Apple devices and the issue seems linked to the theme+plugin and the Safari on Apple devices combination. Can you please try that and let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    BD on #7662

Hi Brajesh, the issue is actually present on all mobile phones, Android too.

WP_DEBUG says this is the error: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/cosmebookbd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mediapress/core/media/mpp-media-template-tags.php on line 211

• Participant
    BD on #7663

In fact, it also appears that all the template tags return “Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to Undefined Function mpp_have_media()” after updating Mediapress, BuddyPress, and WordPress core to the latest version.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7667

Hi BD,
    the fatal error seems to happen during update of the plugin. If MediaPress is active, It should not happen again. The WordPress update might cause some plugin to give fatal during the upgrade process.

The first notice is a problematic one, It means that the type was not set for the gallery or the media. I will suggest to update the gallery/media from the dashboard.

PS: Did you check the issue with another theme?

The topic ‘Mediapress Upload Photo from iPhone’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved