BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress user hogging site feed (moderation control?)

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #19707

hi Brajesh,

I have several users who repeatedly upload multiple images at a time, one after the other. On the one hand this is good, content. On the other hand, when someone comes to the site, all they see is 30 activity feed entries from one person and they have *swamped* the site. I need to be able to moderate this, particularly on a per-user basis, so the Moderation plugin leaps out at me as the right place to do this.

If I have a reported user, for example, is there a way to make their activity automatically either:

1. bunch the uploads (activity entries) to a certain amount (say groups of 5)?

2. filter the activity entries in some way (say block over 5)?

Do you see the problem, and do you see a solution? I’m happy to work with you on an extension and/or filter if necessary/possible.

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19708

hi Brajesh,

since posting this I found your existing BP plugin for throttling the activity feed: https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-rate-limit-user-activity/ 🙂

This *almost* does what I want. How hard would it be to make it apply to specific users, and/or for media uploads specifically? For example with a “throttle” switch from their frontend profile (or from the user/edit backend) do you think?

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19709

or throttle-by-user-role would work well too, maybe…?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19710

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for the suggestions. Indeed this falls into restrictions/quota limiting than moderation.

I will look at the activity rate limit plugin and assist tomorrow. Also, we do have a sophisticated Restrictions plugin in progress and will be available some time in January(fine grained control based on roles)

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19717

this new/updated plugin sounds very promising, Brajesh, and I look forward to it eagerly. If I can assist with any beta-testing, or plugin-breaking, please let me know.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19751

Hi Richard,
    Thank you. I will let you know when we are able to push it as beta.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19965

hi Brajesh,

the impatient amongst us are just wondering if you might have an ETA for this?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19987

Hi Richard,
    Sorry about this. It will be available around the end of the month. For now, you can use the filters available with the rate limit activity. There are filters available in it and you can filter the limit based on users.

If you need assistance with it, Please do let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19995

ok, you mean I should buy the rate limit activity plugin first, (I don’t see a free version anywhere), and then we can chat about setting the filters up as I need them? That sounds fine, on it…

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20000

If it is feasible, My suggestion will be to wait for the upcoming plugin. That will avoid redoing the things.

If not, you may need to purchase it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress user hogging site feed (moderation control?)’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved