BuddyDev

Search

Member Type Email & Configuration

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mohammad on #13224

Thank you for getting back to me Mr. Brajesh.

Your support is highly appreciated!

I appreciate Mr. Ravi’s effort but yes, I do have a custom registration form using a membership plugin called ARmember. This form maps its registration fields to Buddypress fields. I would have opted to use the member type field but it seems to be incompatible with this plugin, therefore I thought you could give me a work around.

Sadly, I wouldn’t’ know how to modify this function to suit my needs. Anything I can provide you that will help? Plugin files?

Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13225

Hi Mohammad,
    Thank you.

If you can provide me some details on how the user is being created by the plugin( Are they firing any action and providing user id and How can I access the register form fields on that action, I can quickly assist you with this.).

Please let me know if you can link me to the proper documents.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mohammad on #13226

Thank you for willing to help me!

I may have found the file that is responsible for handling registration. How can I share this sensitive information? What is the protocol for giving access?

Thanks again.

• Participant
    Mohammad on #13227

I have downloaded the file in question. I can’t provide a link to it as it’s a PHP file and throwing an error. I can upload it to a destination of your choice.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13228

Please put the code on pastebin and link me.

• Participant
    Mohammad on #13229
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13234

Thank you. I will be looking at it and get back to you later.

• Participant
    Mohammad on #13237

No, thank you!

I really appreciate your willingness to help address this!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13276

Hi Mohammad,
    I have looked at the file now. It was a 9000+ lines of code and I am not sure why will someone put everything in a single file.

I could not find any code for inserting user. It will be much better if you can ask these two questions on the membership plugins forum and let me know their answer.

1. Is there any hook(action/filter) that they fire when a user’s account is created?
    2. If yes, then what is the correct way to access registration form fields by name on that action?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mohammad on #13289

Thank you for getting back to me and for looking at that file. I appreciate your time.

Yes, I’m not sure why they need to put so much code into one file. Nevertheless, I did ask them and they forwarded me to their developer API which should have what you’re looking for. I have linked it below.

I believe I did find the hook that is needed but please feel free to check out the resource yourself. I typed in “registration” in search and it gave me about 12 hooks that deal with it. The one I think is the one needed is “arm_after_form_submit_action”.

Thanks again!

https://www.armemberplugin.com/developer-api/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved