BuddyDev

Search

Member Types Pro Multi Blog Site

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26491

Hi Brajesh,

I know you’re waiting for other info from me about topics and posts plugin. It’s complicated and I’ll send it soon.

I have my Member Types and badges set up on the main site as you know.

In my bp-custom.php I have:

/**
     * Fix the synchronization of the member types across all blogs on multisite, multiblog mode.
     */
    function buddydev_fix_multiblog_taxonomy_site_id( $blog_id ) {
        $blog_id = 1; // Change it.
        // Put the blog id you want all the member type associations with user to be saved
        // If you have existing association, you may want to use that
        return $blog_id;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_get_taxonomy_term_site_id', 'buddydev_fix_multiblog_taxonomy_site_id' );

I know the plugin will work slightly differently in Multi Blog according to your documentation:

https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/buddypress-member-types-multisite-settings/

Here is one of the sub-sites:

https://www.yamahastylesgroup.com/

I am now setting up Member Types and badges for this site. There are no Member Types in the sub site yet. I notice when a User from the main site logs in that no Member type or badge information is pulled from the main site (technicskeyboard.com).

1 – Should I set up the Member Types and badges I need separately in the sub-site?

2 – Is the bp-custom.php info above correct for my scenario?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26492

Also, if I set up member Types and Badges separately in the sub-site, is it ok to have the same names for the Member Types as in the main site? Currently, I Synchronise the users from sub-sites to main site with a User Sync plugin.

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26494

PPS I just want to be sure, for example, if I make the Member Types in the sub-site, should I make the same Member Type in the main site? Or does the Member Type only apply to each sub-site?

Because it is my first live sub-site I’ve become a bit confused. I noticed that Members from the main site can log in to the sub-site as I expected. However, they get the Participant Role and they don’t get the Subscriber Role. This means I can’t give them a network-wide badge (because we can’t give Participants a badge). I expected they would get the subscriber Role, that is one reason why I got confused about it.

To clarify, as a minimum I wanted every Member on every site to have the Member Type of “Community Member”.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26597

Hi Mike,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

1. do you have member types plugin network active? You need it to be network active and configure(In Network Admin->settings->member types) that it should be global and not local.

If you create local association, they will have different values on different site.

Please network activate and configure member types pro and then use the above code(change with your main site id if it is not the first site). The member types from one site will be visible on others.

PS:- Badge is not multisite compatible. The badges are currently local to a site. we will need some time to make it global in multisite.

Regard
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved