BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Members can’t edit profile fields in Buddy Press (Community Builder theme)

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ivan on #49802

Hello all!
    First all was working fine but suddenly all non admin users was unable to edit fields in their profiles or to add anyone as a friend. I cant recognize what could have caused it but thinking about the latest Buddy Press or Community Builder update while can’t tell for sure. So now when any non admin member go to the edit page this is adding on the end of URL: &bp-auth=1&action=bpnoaccess
    Anyone knows how to fix it?

Many thanks,
    Ivan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49812

Hi Ivan,
    Your issue seems like you have the “Edit” profile page restricted.

Please check for recent changes. neither BuddyPress not Community Builder update is the cause of it. They seem to be working well currently.

Please let me know if your findings.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ivan on #49815

Hi Brajesh,
    Can’t find a restriction on the profile page. I might be not looking in the right place though. But now users can edit their profile fields as usual, I don’t know how it happened. May be installation of BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types and adding more fields somehow affected it.. Just can’t see any explanation of how everything changed and working again. In any case, thank you for your answer!

With best regards,
    Ivan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved