Search

[Resolved] Members Types work with forum plugin

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jimmy Cheung on #35242

Hi Buddy,

I am using Member Types Pro.

My question is, can the Member Types be compatible with this forum? This forum is compatible with buddypress and work super together.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/asgaros-forum/

Please advise if there’s a way I can set the the Member Types shortcode, etc that can tie to this plugin?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35302

Hi Jimmy,
    I am sorry, but member types are native to BuddyPress feature and I do not see the use case inf forums.

Can you please help me understand how you want to use it with forums? I may be able to assist you then.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35312

Hi Brajesh,

Ok, this forum can has different shortcodes for different forums. I can create [forum = 2nd], [forum = 3rd] and so on…

What I want is to create TWO forums are the same. If the men click on the [WOMEN ONLY FORUM], no can do. or if the women click on the [MEN ONLY FORUM], no can do as well.

This way, the wrong gender can’t read/post/reply it unless they are MEN or WOMEN.

Is there’s a way I can use below shortcode for it? I’m not sure which one below? But example?
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/controlling-content-visibility-buddypress-member-types/

[bpmtp-show-if-member-type] [MEN ONLY FORUM] [/bpmtp-show-if-member-type]

[bpmtp-show-if-not-member-type] [WOMEN ONLY FORUM] [/bpmtp-show-if-not-member-type]

[bpmtp-hide-if-member-type] [/bpmtp-hide-if-member-type]

[bpmtp-hide-if-not-member-type] [/bpmtp-hide-if-member-type]

————-

Please advise, I hope you understand what I try to say/do?
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jimmy Cheung.
  • Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35314

Ops, I also want to add extra information

Let’s say if this shortcode works? Then if there’s a functions, when the wrong MEN gender click on the WOMEN forum? the function will/can redirect to [WOMEN ONLY FORUM] page. Vice Versa.

But, if function can do that? That’s ok, I more wanted and most important is the MEN vs WOMEN forum.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35317

Hi Jimmy,
    No, The member type will not be able to do that. You can use shortcode to hide the forums. Member type is not aware of the forum or topic, so it can not take the custom actions.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35319

Hi Brajesh,

Well, that is a 3rd party plugin vs what I tries to accomplish. I thought to give a tried for asking.

Thanks for letting me to write more details for helping.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35357

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank you for understanding.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Members Types work with forum plugin’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved